a Kingly gift

This is a discussion on a Kingly gift within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, please excuse my obvious LOTR reference, but when it is revealed that Bilbo Baggins was given a Mithril shirt while on his origininal expedition ...

Thread: a Kingly gift

a Kingly gift

So, please excuse my obvious LOTR reference, but when it is revealed that Bilbo Baggins was given a Mithril shirt while on his origininal expedition as cataloged in The Hobbit, it was said that he was given a Kingly gift.

Well, considering the current cost of Ammo and the difficulty man people are having coming up with in their areas, I was given a truely kingly gift.

Last week, a good friend of mine gave me about 850 rounds of once fired 9mm brass. A truly kingly gift. In addition to that, I spent about 3 hours with him learning the fine art of reloading.

That being said, I'm now weighed down with a whole bunch more ammo than I was a week ago. More importantly, I have learned a very necessary skill which will remain useful for a lifetime.
    S&W 638 .38 :: Sig P229 :: Ruger MkIII :: VEPR K 5.45x39 AK-74 :: Mosin Nagant M44 :: Hi-Point 995 9mm (shoulder fired pistol)

2. Remove Ads

I got the LOTR reference, and IMO their adventure would have gone much smoother if they would of had CCWs with them. I think the dwarves would have gone with Glocks, wizards with 1911's and hobbits seem like revolver guys to me... ANYWAY, good deal on the brass.

Have you shot any of your reloads yet? How'd they do?
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

A kingly gift indeed! Unless this ammunition supply situation improves soon then all of us may be into reloading sooner than we think.
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice gift my buddy gave me about 20 lbs of spent brass 45, 9mm 40 and some 38 spec and of cource any time i go to my dads house to shoot out back i am always crawling around on the ground looking for my spent casings on the ground
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    I got the LOTR reference, and IMO their adventure would have gone much smoother if they would of had CCWs with them. I think the dwarves would have gone with Glocks, wizards with 1911's and hobbits seem like revolver guys to me... ANYWAY, good deal on the brass.

Have you shot any of your reloads yet? How'd they do?
    I could see Samwise Gamgee with a Ruger Super Redhawk .454... would work wonders against the Orcs in Mordor...

Haven't actually finished the process of reloading. My buddy doesn't have a progressive reloader, so yesterday was depriming, sizing and tumbling the brass. This week sometime we'll actually get to the reloading...
    S&W 638 .38 :: Sig P229 :: Ruger MkIII :: VEPR K 5.45x39 AK-74 :: Mosin Nagant M44 :: Hi-Point 995 9mm (shoulder fired pistol)

Links