Ammunition Shortage = Self Fulfilling Prophecy - Page 3

Ammunition Shortage = Self Fulfilling Prophecy

This is a discussion on Ammunition Shortage = Self Fulfilling Prophecy within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My #1 reason for buying bulk ammo is to invest against future price increases. There has only been one time when firearms or ammo has ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ammunition Shortage = Self Fulfilling Prophecy

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    My #1 reason for buying bulk ammo is to invest against future price increases. There has only been one time when firearms or ammo has even decreased in price- the expiration of the AWB in 2004. Other then that, the prices go up and up.

Buying 9mm blazer at Walmart for $8.97 a box now is still a great deal. Buy it while you can. They days of cheap ammo are over.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioPx4Storm View Post

Two boxes just wouldn't do for me!
    If you had none at all it would!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    My #1 reason for buying bulk ammo is to invest against future price increases. There has only been one time when firearms or ammo has even decreased in price- the expiration of the AWB in 2004. Other then that, the prices go up and up.

Buying 9mm blazer at Walmart for $8.97 a box now is still a great deal. Buy it while you can. They days of cheap ammo are over.
    I prefer bulk ammo as well, but with the wait times on the net, I will get it locally if at all possible! I'm not going to wait for something 4+ weeks when I can get some now. I'm pretty close to the supply I want anyway. Maybe even more than I need.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomAdv View Post
    I am choosing only to buy the ammunition that I have a current NEED for and leave the rest on the shelf ...
    Who decides what is needed? Individuals do. Buying water, blankets, food and other supplies ahead of a long, hard winter is simply common sense. The current ammo situation is little different. The market is adjusting to what, in aggregate, individuals believe they need. Some need to prepare in advance; some need to restock depleted stores; some believe the only true need is the pair of magazines that will be needed in the next crime defended against.

The point is: if I believe the need is to cover my next 30 days of shooting training and prepare for the next course I've signed up for (@ 1200rds for the weekend), then by golly that's the need. I'll be paying for the privilege, but that isn't to say one need is any more or less important than the next person's.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

To be brief, YES! As long as we as gun owners continue buying ammunition is bulk amounts we are creating our own problem.

At what point do we realize that if we all keep buying ammunition in large amounts that the "market" will react accordingly. Until I started, buying in large quantities I never saw a limit on stores limiting our purchases.

I know that this is only my personal opinion but can we all just take a little time to NOT buy ammunition unless we actually need it. How much we each need is an individual decision.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post

Fact: Current President and Administration have a long, consistent track record of wanting to disarm all of those who aren't among the elite, smart group-them.
    You can add that he wants to limit the use, even prosecute those that use a firearm in the self defense of ones life. This is even in the confines of ones own home against a violent intruder.
    This is dangerous stuff.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Ammo

[QUOTE=AllAmerican;1109963]Yeah, the shelves will be full of cheap ammo while everyone is paying for rice and beans if they can even get it.

I must respectfully disagree. Although I hope and pray it won't happen, if rice and beans are ever truly hard to get, ammo won't be cheap. Ammo might be, as another poster stated, the ultimate barter item.
    Be prepared

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links