Extreme Shok Anti-Terrorist Ammo....Truth or Hype?

This is a discussion on Extreme Shok Anti-Terrorist Ammo....Truth or Hype? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been hearing about this new Extreme Shok ammo being strong so powerful that one JHP from a Seecamp .32 cal stopped a 505lb. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been hearing about this new Extreme Shok ammo being strong so powerful that one JHP from a Seecamp .32 cal stopped a 505lb. boar with one shot, well that is whats advertised on their website. Has anyone actually seen any first ballistics on this ammo? I would appreciate any imput.

LINK TO THE WEB SITE CLICK HERE

"In video taped field tests with angry 300 lb Russian Boars, a single.380 round will incapacitate and kill in a matter of seconds! The 505 lb Boar in the picture was taken with a single 9mm round."

Quote...Photo & LINK to site added here for convenience by QKShooter

Just remember there is no such thing as a magic bullet.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

I take it that your opinion is that its all hype.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebla
    I take it that your opinion is that its all hype.
    Hype is my opinion. Well, unless of course this is a rifle round fired from a rifle. But if it's a hangun, how is it that a .32 could do what's challenging for a .357 mag.?

I have read other folks opinions on extreme ammo and they claimed it was more hype than what the company said... Which is a overglorified version of magsafe or glaser.
    With that said....I'll still take doubletap ammo...

Administrator
    Bullet technology is constantly improving.
    Qualified people in the ammunition industry are working hard every day testing new bullet configurations, metal alloys & new powders in order to increase stopping power...decrease felt recoil...decrease muzzle flash...prevent over~penetration & the list goes on.

It's obvious that right now (that due to Air Marshall requirements) the "mad search" IS ON to create better & more effective bullets with increased stopping power. There ARE some very intelligent people working very hard to create more effective ammunition. That is a known fact.

I have no idea how successful they will ultimately be.

Maybe they have already found a "more magic bullet" but, I'm guessing that only "Time tested" in the real world of stopping real Bad Guys will prove it to be true or not.

I try to look at every new firearm related product with an open mind. But, the facts are that the bullet industry does not ever "final test" any new cartridge/caliber/bullet on drug crazed adrenaline pumped POed "Three Strikes And You're Out" Bad Guys so...we'll never really know how it works as a defensive product..."on the street" until Bad Guys are hit once with it and start instantly dropping like swatted flies.

That being said...some of the High Priced Special Super Duper Ammo IS very high quality ammunition ~ IN ADDITION to being very Expensive...so at least you can feel decently confident that it's going to go BANG every single time you pull the trigger.
    THAT provides a modicum of additional comfort.

How totally amazing that new bullet will be...when it hits the intended target is never a certainty.
    I believe that shot placement will always be paramount & that is our obligation to work hard at as defensive and responsible shooters no matter what specific brand of bullet we decide to use in our defensive firearms.

Back on the farm, a lowly .22short would stop boars that size too. Round them into the chute, place the pistol just behind their ear and... BACON. Have to consider the context. Personally I would question the advertising strategy mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by kastiron
    Back on the farm, a lowly .22short would stop boars that size too. Round them into the chute, place the pistol just behind their ear and... BACON. Have to consider the context. Personally I would question the advertising strategy mentioned above.
    My first though when I read their add was that someone had caught the boar's jewels in a bear trap, to keep his mind off the idiot with the pocket-pistol. (I have Seecamps, but I'm not hunting with them!).

:D My thoughts exactly

Pinned boar, point blank into the brain at it's weakest spot. A pointy stick might give the same results. Go hunting for wild boar with a seecamp .32? Not me, thanks.

Think ballistics... the .32 delivers a 60grain bullet at somewhere around 1000fps, giving about 130 FtLbs of energy at point blank range. I don't care if the bullet is made from kryptonite, that's not nearly enough energy to take out against a 500lb animal.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Assistant Administrator
    I have no link but snagged the vid where a boar (300# region maybe)was taken with a NAA Guardian IIRC using the NAA .32 round (the necked .380 case, 32 bullet).

Hardly an instant stop but it got the job done - just mentioning that as an aside. I guess that takes us back to placement as ever!

Re the Ex Shock claims - well I too consider much is pure hype - partly because I am a skeptic and cynic, and can only stretch physics so far!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This ammo company seems to bring up more disagreements than most,, it may work, it may not. But people I respect is Doc Roberts and David Difaballo, say the ammo is worthless, so I'll go with that.

Saw the clip where they hunted the hog with the 32NAA,he talks the whole time about having 2 rounds, and when he shoots ,, he shoots twice,yet a little later when he's blow'n smoke on how great it is ,he pops the mag and low and behold theres a bullet in it.. I have shot my fair share of hogs,and I just don't believe ES ammo works

I call BS

Quote Originally Posted by Dave James
    ...But people I respect is Doc Roberts and David Difaballo...
    I think you mean David Difabio, don't you? A friend had some of the ES 9mm, and it looked to me like a generic JHP that someone had cut with one of those tools that you use to score wedges around the nose of the bullet. It was unremarkable to shoot, and did no more damage than my GD's, with less consistent expansion.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

One look at the website and it looks like Brokeback Mountain for the tactical set.
    The Marshmallowist

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I call BS
    +1 on that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links