Buying reloads from GunBroker.com

This is a discussion on Buying reloads from GunBroker.com within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Captain Crunch I was merely pointing out that to sell reloads without being licensed and insured is insane. Unless, or until, this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying reloads from GunBroker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I was merely pointing out that to sell reloads without being licensed and insured is insane.

Unless, or until, this seller is found to be uninsured, then I see no reason to not do business with him.

But if he is uninsured, I would most definitely avoid him like the plague.

I was a type 06 manufacturer in the 70s and I carried product liability insurance (the premiums were a lot cheaper in those days because society was not nearly as litigious as it is today.)
    I understand/understood.

Let me rephrase:

My opinion is that assuming someone is insured is as insane as doing business without being insured.

Not disagreeing with you at all (at least, in regards to the insanity of not being an insured business), but rather, voicing my opinion that further scrutiny is the route I would take.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I was merely pointing out that to sell reloads without being licensed and insured is insane.

Unless, or until, this seller is found to be uninsured, then I see no reason to not do business with him.

But if he is uninsured, I would most definitely avoid him like the plague.

I was a type 06 manufacturer in the 70s and I carried product liability insurance (the premiums were a lot cheaper in those days because society was not nearly as litigious as it is today.)
    I may ask for proof of ffl license and liability insurance. If he provides, I might consider purchasing a small qty. and see how it works out. The guys .380 is ony $32/50 and available.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

One major thing that stands out,without knowing bullet weight/type my reload data shows a max of 3.2 grains of bullseye,and due to variances in different brass case weights I do not see how he can tell the difference in a powder charge by weighing a completed round afterward,I had some reloads that I knew some had no powder and tried to weigh them once to seperate them out,the weights varied so much I had to pull every round to check them.If he doesn't have any Liability insurance I would stay away,but on the other hand if his ammo blows your gun up you will have to prove it was his ammo and I don't know how your gonna do that
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links