Buying reloads from GunBroker.com

This is a discussion on Buying reloads from GunBroker.com within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a guy on GunBroker.com that sells reloads. He has 24 reviews, all for various reloads, all positive. I am having an impossible time ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying reloads from GunBroker.com

Buying reloads from GunBroker.com

There is a guy on GunBroker.com that sells reloads. He has 24 reviews, all for various reloads, all positive. I am having an impossible time trying to find .380 ammo in Alabama. Would you buy reloads from a stranger?

Any input , suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

2. Remove Ads

Not a chance in the world!! That’s a mistake that you have to make once. Good luck.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

VIP Member
    From a commercial reloader, yes. A guy in town here reloads police practice ammo. Him I trust.

Some schmuck (no offence) who's setup and operation I know nothing about........ Hmmmmmmm........ Lemmee think here......... No Freakin Way!!

Trust only your own reloads. If you don't do it yet, time to start.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post

Trust only your own reloads. If you don't do it yet, time to start.
    I've got everything on order, most of it will be to my house by the end of the week.

The local gunshops have bare ammo shelves, but the ranges seem to have plenty. Just 100-300% over MSRP - what a bargain. I ordered my reloading gear last night after having a small heart attack at the range over the weekend (figure of speech).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I was leary of this and appreciate the input. This site is full of great info.

Thanks guys,
    MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

I'm not positive,but don't you need a class 6 FFL to manufacture ammo for sale,or am I wrong
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm not positive,but don't you need a class 6 FFL to manufacture ammo for sale,or am I wrong
    The guy states he is...Does that change anyone's opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown View Post
    The guy states he is...Does that change anyone's opinion?
    Does possessing a drivers license make one a good driver?

IMO you should stick with known entities. Reload your own, or buy from a dedicated manufacturer.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

10-4!!

If I'm shooting reloads they are either my own or somebodys I trust
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

1943 - 2009
    If the guy on GunBroker is a licensed type 06 manufacturer, like he says he is, then he should carry product liability insurance. Selling reloaded ammunition commercially without such insurance is simply insane!

Is there any evidence that this guy is insane?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Here is the item description.

"Custom loaded 380 auto ammo, RECONDITION brass or new, powder bullseye 3.4 grains.(I use an automatic powder scale that gives me correct powder messurments.) COL.960. 950 F.P.S. Sealed in a vacuum sealed bag for freshness. (waterproof, weather proof, ammo will last forever, OK along time.) I am a one man show doing customs ammo loads one cartridge at a time . (ffl 06). I double check every round by weighing the round again before shipping Will ship to the lower 48 states only. If you want quantities of more let me know. I also do custom reloading of your old brass (save money & recycle) Order more and keep the same shipping cost. any question call me xxx-xxx-xxxx. Doug :-) Know your ammo laws before bidding MINAMUM AGE 18 FOR RIFLE 21 FOR HAND GUN."

Nothing obviously insane here, unless you consider poor spelling and grammar hints of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I believe you do.

I've had a couple of friends that have or have had a Class 6 FFL. From them, other other Class 6 Reloaders I would buy and use their ammo.

From anyone else I can only think of two people's handloads I will put in my guns and one of them watches me in the mirror when I'm shaving.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    If the guy on GunBroker is a licensed type 06 manufacturer, like he says he is, then he should carry product liability insurance. Selling reloaded ammunition commercially without such insurance is simply insane!

Is there any evidence that this guy is insane?
    I propose that asking whether there is any evidence the seller is insured is the real question.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I propose that asking whether there is any evidence the seller is insured is the real question.
    I was merely pointing out that to sell reloads without being licensed and insured is insane.

Unless, or until, this seller is found to be uninsured, then I see no reason to not do business with him.

But if he is uninsured, I would most definitely avoid him like the plague.

I was a type 06 manufacturer in the 70s and I carried product liability insurance (the premiums were a lot cheaper in those days because society was not nearly as litigious as it is today.)

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links