9mm 115gr Gold Dot

9mm 115gr Gold Dot

This is a discussion on 9mm 115gr Gold Dot within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was a fool for not buying any LE boxes of 124gr +P when the shop had about 30 boxes or so on the shelf, ...

Thread: 9mm 115gr Gold Dot

9mm 115gr Gold Dot

I was a fool for not buying any LE boxes of 124gr +P when the shop had about 30 boxes or so on the shelf, but I was shopping for a pistol, not ammo. Now all they have is 115gr. Any problems of poor performance I should be aware of? I haven't seen any of the 115 tested here. LE - Wound Ballistics

It's Gold Dot.

Buy it.

JEC
    Not sure there is much of a downside to Speer Gold Dots but you can see here how Speer advertises their ballistics.

What are you paying? I just bought some 124 +p 50 round boxes for $39.95 a box. I thought that was a decent price since it normally sells for $18.00 a box of 20

Quote Originally Posted by royta View Post
    I was a fool for not buying any LE boxes of 124gr +P when the shop had about 30 boxes or so on the shelf, but I was shopping for a pistol, not ammo. Now all they have is 115gr. Any problems of poor performance I should be aware of? I haven't seen any of the 115 tested here. LE - Wound Ballistics
    I'd buy as much of it as you can afford. If you are planning ahead on taking a class...buy now, not later!

In another few months you may be saying, "If I had only bought that 115gr when they had some..."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I picked up a couple boxes @ $34 each. Plus a box of 165gr .40S&W GDHP for $38. They also had a bunch of Winchester 9mm NATO (124gr FMJ), so I bought eight boxes of it too. The NATO was kind of expensive at $15 a box, but since I've never seen the stuff, I figured what the heck.

FYI - JEC, the 124gr +P was also $34 a box...when they had it.

I'm already sitting on over 3000 rounds of 115gr FMJ, so should I need to take a class, I should be set. I wouldn't want to use the SD ammo for a class.

I just picked up 3 boxes of GD 124g +P (for short barrell) for $24.00 a box...I would have bought more if he would have had it.

I was at a gun show this weekend and they were asking $35.00
    Hey Obama, I will keep my guns, my money, & my freedom...You can keep "The change"_____Government is not the solution to our problems...Government IS the problem

Springfield Armory XD9SC...Bersa 380 CC...Ruger SP 101 357 Mag/Snub...Ruger 380 LCP...Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

Quote Originally Posted by GATORZ View Post
    I just picked up 3 boxes of GD 124g +P (for short barrell) for $24.00 a box...I would have bought more if he would have had it.

I was at a gun show this weekend and they were asking $35.00

$24 for the LE 50 round boxes? That's a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    It's Gold Dot.

Buy it.
    As much as I like heavier grain bullets, MitchellCT is right. It's Gold Dot...
    Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    As much as I like heavier grain bullets, MitchellCT is right. It's Gold Dot...
    Ditto. Gold Dot is one of the best rounds ever made. It works well and is better priced than the latest uber rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by royta View Post
    $24 for the LE 50 round boxes? That's a good price.

No sir, 20 round count SD ammo
    Hey Obama, I will keep my guns, my money, & my freedom...You can keep "The change"_____Government is not the solution to our problems...Government IS the problem

Springfield Armory XD9SC...Bersa 380 CC...Ruger SP 101 357 Mag/Snub...Ruger 380 LCP...Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

Quote Originally Posted by GATORZ View Post
    No sir, 20 round count SD ammo
    Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the going price for the 20 round boxes. I would have laughed until I peed had I seen somebody selling 20 round boxes for $35. The LE 50 round boxes are selling for less than that. So is life I guess.

I just looked at some 20 round boxes of 124gr +P GDHP that I bought in 2002, the day I was moving from Eugene, OR to Corona, CA. I bought five boxes and paid $11.95 each. At the time, that was probably a little bit expensive, but I didn't want to move empty handed. It makes me sick to think how much ammo has gone up in less than 7 years.

Links