.38 special - What & Where - Seattle

This is a discussion on .38 special - What & Where - Seattle within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any goods places in Seattle area to buy ammo ? Seems like all the cheaper stuff is sold out. Wades in Bellevue had the +p ...

Thread: .38 special - What & Where - Seattle

.38 special - What & Where - Seattle

Any goods places in Seattle area to buy ammo ? Seems like all the cheaper stuff is sold out. Wades in Bellevue had the +p and standard w/ Hollow point....but that stuff was like $25 and $35 bucks for like 20 or 25 rounds (can't recall) - they were sold out of standard 50 round boxes for $20.

Or is there a good online place to order ammo for a .38 sp.

I read a post that Speer gold dot +p is good stuff...

I'm new to the world of .38 so looking for advice on good brands of ammo and places to buy in the Seattle area or south of Seattle.

2. Remove Ads

I was at the Surplus Ammo store out near Ft. Lewis a couple of weeks ago and they still had a pretty good selection of ammo (didn't specifically look at 38sp) and last I heard they still did. Can't remember their exact address but they are just down the street from Quantico Tactical in Lakewood
    A dozen means twelve, learn to count bakers! - Stephen Colbert

Colt 1991A1 and S&W M&P 45 Compact

Thanks, I'll keep that place in mind next time I go that direction. I was at a Wal-mart today and they are empty shelves. The guy at the counter looked tired of saying we are out of everything. Sometimes I wonder in times like these if the workers call their buddies when they get stuff in to come buy it...or tuck away a bit for his "special" customers rather than just stock the shelf and sell it to FCFServed.
    Also makes me think I should pick up "The Judge" (.45/410 Tarus rev)...since I'm sure I could always find 410 shells when people raid the .45 cal....seriously...the 410 stuff would be around right !

What is "cowboy" amunition and what makes it different than regular revolver type ?

Also does .38 S&W work in a .38 special. i was under the impression a .38 special (that can handle +P as well) can shoot almost any .38 cal except for Auto or 38 super.

So far I'm only going for .38 Special...meaning has the word "special"..

Yes, I'm new at the gun...leaning everyday !

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    What is "cowboy" amunition and what makes it different than regular revolver type ?

Also does .38 S&W work in a .38 special. i was under the impression a .38 special (that can handle +P as well) can shoot almost any .38 cal except for Auto or 38 super.

So far I'm only going for .38 Special...meaning has the word "special"..

Yes, I'm new at the gun...leaning everyday !
    Nevermind...found a post on another forum...

38 Colt Special
    38 S. & W. Special
    38 Targetmaster (R)
    38 S. & W. Special Mid-Rage
    38 Special (+P)
    38-44 Special (+P)
    38 Special
    38 Special Flat Point

Got my Ammo !! hurray.

Day started out dry...went to Walmart (3 of them) nothing to be had...but at the first one I swung by a fella in front of me bought out all 27 boxes (50 rds per box) of .40 cal....sheesh...good thing he wasn't doing that to .38 or I would have railed on him to leave me a few since I was standing right there...in anycase...I think he wasn't planning to shoot it all...said something about maybe he'd turn around and try to fetch $20 a box...anyway's...next stop

GI Joes (not for ammo though). Joes sporting goods chain as most of you know by know is going out of business. So finally they put their ammo and guns on sale 10% off. So I went for a looky-loo..nothing great...fondled up a 7mm and a 30.06...but even at 10% off just wasn't tempting enough. Plus all the remaining stock of rifle ammo they had was the expensive stuff...pass

Quick check at Sportsmans Outfitters.....shelves dry as jerky...which I knew would be...but come on...can't not stop to spy it since it was on route.

Went home for a quick lunch break...then down further South of the Seattle area...just South of Tacoma...found 2 places that had decent amount of handgun ammo. Not sure what they are doing that other places are not to keep some on the shelves...price was good.

So at Welcher's...picked up some FMJ with flat tip...and then at Ammo surplus (thanks for tip Jcaramis....) picked up some FMJ with round tip...some regular .38 and some +P stuff....both places had an "ok" supply...more than I wanted to buy for sure......so happy camper...bring on the Zombies and Warlocks.

For self-defense ammo, you might take a look at Double Tap; osCommerce
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

"bring on the Zombies and Warlocks"
    They are here!
    Just remember to
    Keep yer eye on the barmaid,
    Keep yer hand on yer beer,
    keep yer ear to the chatter around you,
    KEEP YER BACK TO THE WALL.

Links