WalMart ammo shortage?

WalMart ammo shortage?

This is a discussion on WalMart ammo shortage? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife needed to get her Wally World fix tonight so as I tagged alone I decided to side track to the sporting goods. When ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down WalMart ammo shortage?

The wife needed to get her Wally World fix tonight so as I tagged alone I decided to side track to the sporting goods. When I walked up to the ammo showcase I was very surprised, there was actually someone there to wait on customers, the fact that there was very little ammo was not.

I asked the clerk if they were getting any .380 ammo in and he said, ''They (walMart) were anticipating changes in the laws in NY and they may not be restocking until then''. After I picked my face off the floor my wife rounded the corner and I left without saying a word.

I know they want to pass new junk laws but the wording he used got to me. The fact he said WalMart is anticipating it was unsettling to me. Is it just me?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Rott... see my last post in the supplies dwindling thread.

Had 20 boxes of .380 in one store.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

in my area it has been months since wal mart has had any pistol ammo. now the rifle and shot gun ammo is gone. i looked at several wal marts and it is the same in all stores.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Later this month a lot of anti-gun and maybe anti-ammo bills are going to be brought forwrd in NYS.

I hope none will be as vile or stupid as the one proposed in Albany county requiring strict paperwork for ammo purchases, such as ID, type of ammo serial number of the firearm etc.....

bosco

I wouldn't be suprised by anything anti- gun that happens in NY.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    Later this month a lot of anti-gun and maybe anti-ammo bills are going to be brought forwrd in NYS.

I hope none will be as vile or stupid as the one proposed in Albany county requiring strict paperwork for ammo purchases, such as ID, type of ammo serial number of the firearm etc.....

bosco
    There are a few Reps that are not supporting the anti bills proposed, I hope they can get some momentum behind them. If not we have a long road ahead. Downstate has too much say over the whole state.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Here in the NorthWest....hard to find as well...but found out today my Father found some at Wally World for my .38 Special..he picked up 100 rds. of Rem 125 gr. SJHP +P for just over $31 bucks...hurray for me...

I took a trip down south today, and my former local WalMart had several boxes of Blazer Brass 40S&W for the same old price of $12.97 so I got several. The local feed store had WWB 9mm 50ct for $16.95, and a new pawn shop in town had a nice AMD-65 for sale at a good price, plus plenty of Blazer Brass 45acp at $19.95 per box of 50. Okay...so I bought some ammo...and I'm seriously thinking about that AMD-65 too. The same pawn shop has plenty of 9mm Sellier&Belloit, but the owner did say it's hard to find .380 auto now because the manufacturers make only $1 profit per box on the .380 auto compared to $4 profit on the 9mm. That may answer some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I took a trip down south today, and my former local WalMart had several boxes of Blazer Brass 40S&W for the same old price of $12.97 so I got several. The local feed store had WWB 9mm 50ct for $16.95, and a new pawn shop in town had a nice AMD-65 for sale at a good price, plus plenty of Blazer Brass 45acp at $19.95 per box of 50. Okay...so I bought some ammo...and I'm seriously thinking about that AMD-65 too. The same pawn shop has plenty of 9mm Sellier&Belloit, but the owner did say it's hard to find .380 auto now because the manufacturers make only $1 profit per box on the .380 auto compared to $4 profit on the 9mm. That may answer some questions.
    Hmmmm? That makes sense, my local gun shop owner told me yesterday that he can get most any type of ammo except .380.

I wondered why, but I gues I know now.

Still, he said getting most types of ammo ain't the problem, the problem is the price from the distributor. He said he gets it at such a high price now that people don't want to buy it.

He ordered some for a customer and when it came in the customer refused to buy it for the price he set. He said his markup is $2 per box over cost, so that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. He can't compete with Wm though becuase they are getting it for much less than he is. In some cases he said WM sells it for less than his wholesale price. Hence, he goes to Wal-Mart and buys it to stock his shelves if necessary, then everyone complains about that.

The small businessman is pretty much screwed methinks.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I saw a release letter, may have been posted here, that the reason for lack of .380auto is because the manufacturers have to stop their 9mm production machines to tool up for for .380. They have been so busy making 9mm they didn't bother to stop and make .380.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

.380 is hard to come by! The Wal-Mart I work at here in OK gets alot of 9mm, 40 S&W and 45, but I haven't seen .380 in a long time. I buy the 9mm at $8.45 or somthing like that plus get a discount with my card, hehehe( Don't hate me.)

I just had a great suggestion as to how to save each of us a great deal of time & trouble trying to locate our various much needed ammunition.

(1) Make a list of your favorite places that stock the ammunition you need. (Stores, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.)
    (2) Call that section of the store that handles ammunition
    (3) Ask them when they expect their next delivery of ammunition.
    (4) Ask when/if they plan on restocking their shelves
    (5) If they indicate that there is a delivery pending plan to visit that particular store when shelves are stocked

Again, make a telephone call sheet of all your favorite ammunition stores. Include store names, addresses and telephone numbers.

This should help you locate any much needed ammunition.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part of this message! Call 2-3 hours prior to the store closing. This will give you a better change than not to speak with someone who will be able to help you.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Just picked up 2 cases of 45 at Walmart. $300 not bad for 1k rnds. And there was no limit as some say; I guess each Walmart differs.

today i found one box of 32 acp ammo at wal mart. price was $19.99. they had two boxes of 40 cal and two boxes of 44 mag. no 22lr and not much in the way of rifle and/or shotgun ammo. they must got the 32 and 40 ammo in this week. i got the 32 acp box. did not need the other, stock up of it long time ago.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Handgun ammo supplies at Wal-Mart's here in central Virginia are bleak and pretty much non-existent. It has been this way for close to three months. Dick's and every where else is the same.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links