Ammo inventory...

This is a discussion on Ammo inventory... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like your boy has some life lessons to be learning. I would consider holding on to his guns too as a nice security deposit ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo inventory...

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Sounds like your boy has some life lessons to be learning. I would consider holding on to his guns too as a nice security deposit until he replaces what he borrowed.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Uh, er, my son knows the combo to the safe.
    Tis why I went and shopped for a new one... Kind of looks like I am in going to be in the $300 range (on sale) for something just slightly better than a glorified school locker with a dial combination....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

In my mind, it's no different from if he had stolen a few hundred dollars from you in cash. You'll spend a small fortune replacing that ammo. Make the guy replace it, even if he has to buy it from the pirates at gunbroker or the other auction sites. For him to steal your stuff and lie about it is outrageous. I'd be more sympathetic if he had taken 50 rounds of 22 and figured it wasn't a big deal, but that's a ton of money right there.

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    In my mind, it's no different from if he had stolen a few hundred dollars from you in cash. You'll spend a small fortune replacing that ammo. Make the guy replace it, even if he has to buy it from the pirates at gunbroker or the other auction sites. For him to steal your stuff and lie about it is outrageous. I'd be more sympathetic if he had taken 50 rounds of 22 and figured it wasn't a big deal, but that's a ton of money right there.
    It's more than a few hundred bucks...lots more!
    I would be both furious and disappointed.
    There's a BIG difference between a few boxes and that much missing inventory.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    By the time one is 22 he can either be responsible and honest or find another place to live and eat.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Jerry that is exactly what I was thinking as I read this thread!
    And I don't even want to think about what my dad would have done.

I wouldn't have to worry, I'm down to my last box! Cabela's backordered me again. Placed an order in March, with an expected arrival time of 1-2 weeks. This my third back order, pushing the day to the end of May. Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Safe at Sam's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Tis why I went and shopped for a new one... Kind of looks like I am in going to be in the $300 range (on sale) for something just slightly better than a glorified school locker with a dial combination....
    Not sure if you have a Sam's Club around, but if you do, they have a Winchester branded safe for $480. A little more than the other, but not bad for a 650# safe. It has a dial and a key to lock dial if you so desire.

Hope this helps.
    Be prepared

I don't know wither to be PO'd that he lied to me or happy he's pro gun and likes to shoot....
    I do not tolerate liars, 'nuff said.

All a person has is their word, once they lose that, they are nothing. Integrity still means something to some of us. I am sorry for you and you have my sympathy.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    22 years old....lying and stealing........I'd say he got off light.....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

The son needs another place to live immediately.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

My son (age 22) loves to shoot. He does not own a handgun yet but owns a shotgun and bow hunts when he gets the chance. When he is home from Maryland he will ask to borrow one of my handguns and go shoot with a buddy. He always buys some from me if I have any or he will buy at the range. I've always appreciated his honesty with this. He likes cleaning guns so he will clean it when he gets back and often offers to clean my other ones while he is at it.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Well, look on the bright side, at least he is not as one poster said "raiding the liquor cabinet".....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by DPAZ View Post
    Not sure if you have a Sam's Club around, but if you do, they have a Winchester branded safe for $480. A little more than the other, but not bad for a 650# safe. It has a dial and a key to lock dial if you so desire.

Hope this helps.
    Yep we have a Sam's but they do not all carry the same stuff.... But I do have a daughter that works at Tractor Supply and they have a nice 14 gun with dial combo that with my family discount brings it to around $300....

The boy still has no reality of what he has lost, and one of them is the right to shoot Vera..... My newest toy.... I may just let him watch though to be cruel....

"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I believe that we all need a safe for our guns and other valuables.
    But if I had to buy one because I could not trust my children I would boot them out of my home immediately, and they would have no keys to my house.

Now that is just me, and each one has to make his own decisions as to what he will tolerate from children or others. It is a sad day when one cannot trust a son or daughter. I suppose that is a sign of the current times and culture.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post

I wouldn't consider shooting dad's ammo stealing, ......

Then again, lying about it would be a problem if he was mine. If I had lied to my dad, that would not have been pretty for me and when my kid lies to me, she pays triple the price for whatever she did to get in trouble in the first place.
    I wouldn't generally consider it stealing either - unless he KNEW he wasn't to get into it. However, lying about it shows that he knew he wasn't to do it in the first place. Once the the lying took place, it became stealing AND lying.

Personally it would mean punishment (How do you punish a 22 year old?) AND restitution! Restitution isn't enough because that is simply replacing what was taken - no real punishment (sorta like buying on credit).

If I did that with my Dad, I would double his ammo supply, and I wouldn't have been able to sit for a month or two!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links