walmart ammo scam

This is a discussion on walmart ammo scam within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The WM near me has a limit of 10 boxes of 9mm and 7 boxes of .40. I stopped in the other day and bought ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: walmart ammo scam

The WM near me has a limit of 10 boxes of 9mm and 7 boxes of .40. I stopped in the other day and bought my limit of 9mm, but they did not have any .40. The clerk told me that they get ammo shipments every day and they are usually sold out by noon.

2. Remove Ads

The manager of walmat called me today and told me they got 25 100ct boxes of 9mm and 15 100ct 40cal and asked me if i wanted them due to the mishap. I took them all. I'm a happy man.
    34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

BKS
    I thought I was doing good by my wife buying me 3 100 ct boxes of Remington 9mm today.

Oh well, people will run out of money or places to store ammo soon, hopefully,

I can't afford to stake out the truck for ammo.

i need to call my friend who works at the local Wally and have him tip me off.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by David in MI View Post
    When I arrived the gentleman on the phone informed me that they just received a shipment. I bought all 15 boxes and haven't see a single box since then.

Since that time I have called around to both WM and Meijer and been informed that people are buying the entire shipments as soon as they get onto the floor and then reselling them at gun shows.
    It sounds like you are part of the problem, David, unless you're doing a lot of shooting.

Favorites: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier."
    Admiral Gary Roughead, CNO: "I never, ever, want to see my sailors or Marines in a fair fight."

Quote Originally Posted by Theman9mm View Post
    The manager of walmat called me today and told me they got 25 100ct boxes of 9mm and 15 100ct 40cal and asked me if i wanted them due to the mishap. I took them all. I'm a happy man.
    If we wonder why we can't get any ammo at Walmart, even a few boxes to go shooting on the weekend, then look no further. My wife and I don't hoard ammo, but we like to have several hundred rounds of our various calibers so we are always prepared (no, not for Armageddon, just to have) and can go shooting a few times without running out.

Some folks are buying ammo up and selling on Ebay. I think that should be legal, but should be shunned, particularly among the shooting community, because all it does is keep others from enjoying the sport. Others are just hoarding, for whatever purpose they choose to. Illegal? Of course not. Unethical, you betcha.

If you're shooting 500 rounds every weekend, then by all means go ahead and buy what ammo you need. If it's going to collect dust in your closet, then why the heck are you forcing the rest of us to go without shooting?

Disclaimer: if you're wearing a tinfoil hat, this doesn't apply to you. You're beyond reaching anyway, since you can't hear us with all those alien transmissions coming into your pointy heads.

Sorry for the rant.

Favorites: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier."
    Admiral Gary Roughead, CNO: "I never, ever, want to see my sailors or Marines in a fair fight."

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
    If we wonder why we can't get any ammo at Walmart, even a few boxes to go shooting on the weekend, then look no further. My wife and I don't hoard ammo, but we like to have several hundred rounds of our various calibers so we are always prepared (no, not for Armageddon, just to have) and can go shooting a few times without running out.

Some folks are buying ammo up and selling on Ebay. I think that should be legal, but should be shunned, particularly among the shooting community, because all it does is keep others from enjoying the sport. Others are just hoarding, for whatever purpose they choose to. Illegal? Of course not. Unethical, you betcha.

If you're shooting 500 rounds every weekend, then by all means go ahead and buy what ammo you need. If it's going to collect dust in your closet, then why the heck are you forcing the rest of us to go without shooting?

Disclaimer: if you're wearing a tinfoil hat, this doesn't apply to you. You're beyond reaching anyway, since you can't hear us with all those alien transmissions coming into your pointy heads.

Sorry for the rant.
    The fact that someone isn't going to shoot it all right away has no bearing on the legitimacy of their purchase. As difficult as it is to find ammo, I find myself planning the next year in advance. If I find a 2-3 day class that I want to take next winter/summer, I want to ensure I'll have the requisite 1000-2000 rounds on hand to do so. That may not be possible if I just waited until a month before the class. It is much easier (and far less expensive) to build up your stores over time than to do so at the last minute. Opportunistic purchases are part of this - if you see it for sale, and you can afford it, then buy it if you think you'll use it. I don't buy ammo I'm not going to shoot - you won't find any .40S&W, .45 ACP, .38 Special or .357 magnum in my safe. I'll leave that for the other guys. I also don't buy every box of 9mm that I find - but if there is a stack of 3, 5, or 10 boxes of Blazer Brass or WWB, then you can bet I'm going to pick it up.

We don't do that crap at my WalMart, and I'd make damn sure we fired anyone involved if we ever did.

Corporate now has also imposed a limit. I wanna say it's 6 items (boxes of ammo) per person. This direction was sent down a couple of weeks ago, and will be in effect until we can get a smooth supply. If your store is not compliant with current direction, the Store Manager had better have a good explination...

My guys don't even tell me when 45acp is in stock. I'll walk by, and there it is... I buy one or two on my lunch, and walk away. If there is still some after work, I might snag another. I feel like I'm being fair that way.

They do, however, like telling me when I missed some. "Yeah, we had 6 boxes about an hour ago." Sometimes I think they say that just to rattle me...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    T
    Rustburg, VA Volunteer Rescue Squad
    Cool. I live just up from you in Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by FHBrumb View Post
    We don't do that crap at my WalMart, and I'd make damn sure we fired anyone involved if we ever did.

My guys don't even tell me when 45acp is in stock. I'll walk by, and there it is... I buy one or two on my lunch, and walk away. If there is still some after work, I might snag another. I feel like I'm being fair that way.

They do, however, like telling me when I missed some. "Yeah, we had 6 boxes about an hour ago."Sometimes I think they say that just to rattle me...
    Sounds like your guys don't like you.

I was in WalMart yesterday and picked up two more boxes of 357Sig ammo. I noticed that an older lady(65ish) standing to the counter also. The salesperson that waited on me asked her "Wasn't your husband just in here to buy some ammo" she said "Yes" He told her that "We can't sell you anymore ammo miss" She smiled and turned and walked away. I saw the dude that I think was her husband in there earlier, I bet when she gets back out to the car he is going to cuss her out because he looks like just that type, I could be wrong though and hopefully I am because she looks like a nice older lady.

Quote Originally Posted by FHBrumb View Post

Corporate now has also imposed a limit. I wanna say it's 6 items (boxes of ammo) per person. This direction was sent down a couple of weeks ago, and will be in effect until we can get a smooth supply. If your store is not compliant with current direction, the Store Manager had better have a good explination...

They do, however, like telling me when I missed some. "Yeah, we had 6 boxes about an hour ago." Sometimes I think they say that just to rattle me...

Corporate has not imposed this limit on any WalMart in my area. That would be about 10 WalMarts.

Id have no problem with the limit though. I still have some hoarding to do.

Dont like it? Sue me.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Ive got just the opposite problem. My wife was in WM a couple of days ago and saw some .357 ammo and ofcourse she bought me a box. However she bought me .357SIG not .357MAG. WM wont take it back. So, do I try to sell it to someone or buy a .357SIG pistol?

Yep.. That limit hit the one I go in all the time yesterday.. 6 boxes mixed and matched per day per person,. Thank God they had the 100 round boxes this morning.. First time in a while..

Quote Originally Posted by ernE View Post
    Yall seem to be a bit unfair and disrespectful of WM employees. While some WM folks do have a dont give a **** attitude, most IMO do not. I have a good friend who works for WM in the sporting goods dept. He has called me several times to let me know that certain ammo has arrived, or this product is on sale, or that product is being clearenced and so on. This friend is a very moral person and needs this job desperately. The pay aint what it could be and the management seems to be very greedy, but the health insurance and benefits are top notch. I dont like to shop at WM but when I get a call that .38 sp is in I love to shop at WM. It sounds like sour grapes when some one gets a deal on ammo some one cant get the same deal.
    And another thing. What is wrong with bying a product in bulk and selling it at a profit? Aint that the American way?
    I guess you can say I have a dont give **** attitude also.
    +1 what he said... I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds to me like we've just got a bunch of whiny sore losers around lately.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links