Does anyone think the ammo shortage will get better?

This is a discussion on Does anyone think the ammo shortage will get better? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone here sees an end to this ammo shortage we're seeing?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think the ammo shortage will get better?

I was wondering if anyone here sees an end to this ammo shortage we're seeing?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    If the Republicans can take Congress in 2010 AND the current Congress doesn't pass any huge ammo tax or other such onerous legislation, then yes.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Sooner or later people will run out of room to store all the ammo - then and only then will it return to the gunshop shelves.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I think it will be over by Fall or maybe mid summer. There will be a time when the hoarders either run out of money or storage room for ammo.

In time they will realize that the sky has not fallen and is not falling.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Panic buying is the problem. Things will improve with time.

Sometimes I don't even want to know what I think. The run on ammo and arms will end eventually, but the reasons behind that are going to cast a shadow over everything that's happened thus far.

Economics and capitalism solve most problems given time. This problem too shall pass.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Its already improving. OUr local Wal-Marts, one in particular, has recieved thousand and thousands of rounds lately (just over the past four weeks).

Last week they received three thousand rounds of 9mm, they already had tons of .40sw, and last night they got 10,000 rounds of WWB .45acp. Ammo is appearing regularly at Wal-Mart here.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Its already improving. OUr local Wal-Marts, one in particular, has recieved thousand and thousands of rounds lately (just over the past four weeks).

Last week they received three thousand rounds of 9mm, they already had tons of .40sw, and last night they got 10,000 rounds of WWB .45acp. Ammo is appearing regularly at Wal-Mart here.
    Reeeeeeeeally? And just where is this place located?

To the OP...I think it is going to be quite a while before the shelves are ever full again...if so, the prices will remain high...look how many guns have been sold, they're going to need ammo.
    Buy now when you sees some you can afford. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I check w/two different Walmarts several times a week. Talked at length with the "head honcho" behind the ammo counter. He said trucks normally arrive before midnight with new merchandise. Trucks are offloaded and shelves are normally stocked by 2 or 3 a.m. Told me the best time to check was sometime within hours after that. Soooooooo, this morning, got up with the wife, she headed to work at 6:30 and I headed to Walmart. Danged if they didn't have about 4000 rounds of Blazer 9mm 115gr FMJ. Not wanting to be the one to buy it all, I restrained myself and only bought 500 rounds. Did an inventory when I got home. Now have 400 rounds of 147gr WWB JHP and 1600 training rounds of 9mm. So now I'll just pick me up a couple of boxes here and there and add to it as I train down.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I just received the first shipment of reloading equipment and supplies. I predict that the localized* ammunition shortage will end in one week.

*My house.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    How are the prices?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Including shipping, about $0.22 per round for the first 1000 (.45 ACP). Re-using existing once-fired brass, Alliant Bullseye powder, 185 grain Hornady JFP's. I didn't order the least expensive of anything - but I did order a heck of a lot of it.
    I don't know how long the brass will last, at some point I may need more. But I've got powder and bullets for around 10k loads.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

The shortages will end soon after people stop telling hysterical tales of "the impending 500% ammo tax" and such. Until then, all ammo companies will do is produce product as fast as they can without making new capital investments. They know the buying frenzy is temporary and they cannot afford to spend millions of dollars on machines and employees that will become superfluous in a year.

There are an estimated 80M gun owners in the U.S. If just 1% of them (800k) respond to the hysteria by purchasing just 2,000 rounds of ammunition to "stockpile" you've got a sudden surge of 1.6 billion rounds in demand.
    Train Hard, Stay Safe!
    Todd Louis Green
    pistol-training.com

I think we will see some improvement by mid-summer. My greater fear, right now, is what Congress may do. They are already signalling a willingness to force universal healthcare down our throats without debate or consideration of any arguments against it. I am concerned that they will use similar parliamentary tricks to try to further limit our gun rights. If that happens, then all bets are off with regard to both price and availability.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links