Defensive Carry banner

I found ammo!

4K views 24 replies 24 participants last post by  woody99 
#1 ·
No, not a wally world...

After checking every store that normally carries .45 & 9mm ammo within 50 miles of home and finding nothing, I finally found a store with shelves full of it!

Saturday was a really nice and warm day. So after work I decided to go for a cruze in the country. I ended up way up north, about 20 miles from the Canadian border, in almost the middle of North Dakota. The town was a tiny little place, and the store it's self had a laughable name: "The He Store." But the ammo shelves were full of anything a guy could want. They even have a crap load of primers too, which I hear are hard to find too.

So the trick for those running low seems to be to get away from the cities. Way far away. Of course not all little towns have a store that would sell guns and ammo. But if you can find one, it might pay off.

#4 ·
I found 3 boxes of .22lr at Wally World, and a bunch of 12-gauge. Since I have use for neither, I was disappointed. But they told me that 9mm and 45 were on order from the warehouse, just have to check back daily.

Wish we had a He Store here.

#5 ·
Great that you found ammo! :hand10:

I can find it also, but the prices are so jacked up that I'd have to sell my soul and firstborn just to afford it. :hand1:

It's bordering on being criminal. :mad:

#8 ·
I agree it is practically criminal. What can we do?
If we want the price to be reasonable again and ammo to be more abundant we all need to stop hoarding it. You guys go first...

#10 ·
I can't find any at Walmart...on occasion at Academy Sports, however the small Mom and Pop shop about 15 minutes from me is always stocked. Their prices are more expensive but I don't mind paying it as they are the "little-guys" and I am happy to support small businesses (I owned one for 5 years). I have also found ammo at local pawn shops that sell guns, however their prices are a lot more expensive than the other places I mentioned.

#15 ·
Lots of small towns around...:rolleyes:..time to start driving around. I would like to find a small town that likes to save .380 in the back storeroom.:image035:

#16 ·
I went to Wally World last night around 6pm and to my surprise the ammo shelves were fully stocked, bought about 200 rounds of .223 for this weekend and about 300 rounds of .40, this is the first time in a long time that i smiled when i walked up to the ammo counter.:danceban:

#17 ·
You wouldnt want to pm me the town that you found this store would you? Im originally from ND, Bottineau area. Im in Iraq right now but my wife is back home in ND. I would love to send her up there so she could get some ammo for her new .38. Pls, pls, pls lol.

#18 ·
I found a well stocked country gun store not to far from me. No shortages there except for .380. He had lots of everything else, sorry Retsupt! I'll keep an eye out for you though, he said he has some coming soon.....

#21 ·
I found some 9mm ammo at Wally World as well. I make a point of stopping in at the local WW on the way to work. They had 9mm ammo in their ammo case. But there was a 2 case limit per person, per day. The associate was surprised that there was any ammo 9mm ammo left at all at that time of day. I bought 2 boxes. I'll be headed back to this store this morning. If they still have 9mm ammo I'm buying 2 more boxes. You never really know when you will find ammo nowadays.

#22 ·
i've had the same problem. all the stores in town are sold out, but i got lucky at a store in the middle of nowhere. he had a lot of everything. owner said he usually sells out pretty quick and i caught it just at the right time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.