Ammo supply will be caught up in June? - Page 4

Ammo supply will be caught up in June?

This is a discussion on Ammo supply will be caught up in June? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 40 S&W is picking up as well as 9 mm around here. There is some 45 ACP but the 380 is still scarce. Primers are ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ammo supply will be caught up in June?

40 S&W is picking up as well as 9 mm around here. There is some 45 ACP but the 380 is still scarce. Primers are hard to find but I am beginning to see a little bit of them. We are far from out of the shortage but I am seeing a few glimmers of light.

Armydad

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    The one doing the layoffs is in Idaho. If you notice in the second story the guy from ATK says they don't have any planned layoffs in Utah but says nothing about Idaho. If they are laying those people off I guess they are caught up on ammo production, now they just need to release it.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Well since the quote is from a State Representative I would say that as usual, they don't know what they are talking about. I only know two that seem to be worth the paper used to elect them!

LEWISTON - ATK CCI/Speer in Lewiston is cutting about 8 percent of their workforce.

In mid-December, the company announced an indefinite period of downtime for a number of workers at the Lewiston plant. Now ATK will lay off 70 to 80 Lewiston employees in what management calls a reduction in force.

ATK spokesperson Amanda Covington said the affected employees were notified Thursday.

Covington said it's not the economy, that the company is still seeing a healthy market for ammunition sales. She said it goes back to a 2006 hiring boost, which was implemented to cover a backlog of orders for the growing company. Covington said they are finally caught up on that backlog, and no longer need those employees.

Newly-elected Republican U.S. Senator Jim Risch said Thursday he is concerned about the loss of jobs.

In a statement Risch said, "It is disappointing to hear that over 100 people are losing their jobs at CCI/Speer in Lewiston. It is imperative that the new Congress and President work quickly on ways to improve our country's business climate. We must find ways to keep companies like CCI/Speer growing and their workers employed. They are an excellent local employer and we need to move swiftly to keep these jobs that provide the income for many families in the Lewiston area."
    8% Really isn't that much. If they are "caught up", how come I don't see it?
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

was in my local Bass Pro...... and again, no 380, 40, and just a bit of 9mm
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

VIP Member
    All I could get this morning were some Mini Mags. No 380 or .40 at Walmart.
    Haven't tried the others or the real guns store so I don't know if it impossible to find this at all or if some of the stores have stuff in stock.

They did have a few boxes of 357 and 44 Mag on the shelf and a few boxes of 22 Magnum.

Monday June 22...7:00pm...Wally World in Gilbert AZ, near the corner of Stapely and Baseline.

6 Boxes of 100 ct. WWB .45, 10 boxes of WWB .40 S&W, 5 Boxes of .357 Sig, and a couple of boxes of .380.

It's been at least 3 months of checking this location several times per week...said they have been receiving more ammo and more regularly lately.

Refreshing to say the least...going to the range tonight.
    "I'm a big, hairy, American winning machine!" - Ricky Bobby

I'm gonna have to quit shooting if something doesn't break soon. I check 2-3 times a week at our local WW, and have only found 9mm once in the last 3 months. Was able to get 6 boxes of Blazer Brass @ $9 per. Found some Blazer Brass at my local range yesterday, and they were asking $21.00 a box for it!
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Checked Wallyworld twice this week. All they have is two boxes of .25
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    the only thing I seen in abundance is:
    .22lr, .17hmr, shotgun shells of all kinds, and high dollar hunting rifle rounds

none of the stores here have any supplies of 9, 40, 45, 38, 357, 44, 10mm, 7.62x39, x51/.308, or 5.56/.223
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Monroe NC WM had a pile of WWB y'day morning incl 9mm and .38spl. No .380, and I bought one of the 2 boxes they had of .45. Best supply of pistol ammo I'd seen in months, and same old prices.
    Makes it worth checking WMs again while I'm on the road.

I got lucky a couple weeks ago. Found 9mm CCI and WWB 45 in the same week. The 9mm was $9 for 50 and 45 was $30 for 100. They also had some 380 as well. I was pleased as I have been on a shooting hiatus until I could replenish my stocks.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    I'm gonna have to quit shooting if something doesn't break soon. I check 2-3 times a week at our local WW, and have only found 9mm once in the last 3 months. Was able to get 6 boxes of Blazer Brass @ $9 per. Found some Blazer Brass at my local range yesterday, and they were asking $21.00 a box for it!
    Thats exactly what the Govt. wants is for you to not be able to find or afford ammo and then your gun is useless. They are feeling the waters now.

I do not think there is any intention right now to ban assault rifles no matter what was said. I do believe that Eric Holder leaked that out so that they could feel our response to it. I think they seen a response that was very unwanted and now they may be afraid to actually ban.

who knows...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Went to Walmart last night (Saturday) and they had 9mm, 40, 357, 380 in stock and on the shleves at 6:30 PM. The 9mm was going for $8.97 for 50 Blazer Brass.

See my post #18 from: ATK apparently re-hired the laid off workers a few months back.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ntrived-2.html
    ...T. Ray

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links