Ammo supply will be caught up in June? - Page 6

Ammo supply will be caught up in June?

This is a discussion on Ammo supply will be caught up in June? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A coworker and I stopped at a gun shop we frequent and we got talking to the counter guy about ammo. He said that Federal ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    A coworker and I stopped at a gun shop we frequent and we got talking to the counter guy about ammo. He said that Federal is cranking out 9mm 24/7. It takes three days to change the line over to produce .380 and their business calculation indicates that it is in their favor not to change the line over and suffer the down time. He alleges that the ammo supply won't be caught up until next year. Believe it or not.
    Last edited by MP45Man; July 16th, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammar

Ammo is still backlogged till end of 2009

thought I would pass this along (edgar is the SEC govt site for financials)

I just read Winchesters financial report for 2nd qtr. Still a lot of backlog. AND record sales.
    I also looked at the career section and found they are hiring 6 folks for primer manufacturing.

The ATK group has many divisions. the division laying off is for the Shuttle Boosters and such which are no longer needed because the shuttle is going into retirement.

the financial for ATK, Remington and Winchester previous quarter spoke to a backlog of at least 180 million$ in sales.

I also heard that the ammo makers are switching more production from the Bigger rifle calibers so that may be a factor for hunting in the fall.

I did notice my local Walmart had stuff on shelves, not a lot and they do limit to 2 boxes. A local indoor range had some 9mm at a good price. same for my local firearm dealer.

I shoot USPSA so I need at least 200 rds for a match and 200 rds for training per month. I have cut back and do a good bit of training with blow back Airsoft .

Hang in there
    be positive - I mean there are more firearm owners today than before the 2nd term for bush. Thanks obama.

Quote Originally Posted by aceeyeed View Post
    I shoot USPSA so I need at least 200 rds for a match and 200 rds for training per month. I have cut back and do a good bit of training with blow back Airsoft .

Hang in there
    be positive - I mean there are more firearm owners today than before the 2nd term for bush. Thanks obama.
    I thought match guys (or gals) typically shot their own handloads for matches. I'm also surprised that you only shoot 200 a month for training?

I shot 250 rounds on Monday just for the hell of it. I probably shoot 1000 rounds a month. Maybe I'll start another thread on this because I'm interested in other people's behavior.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Looks like where ALL caught up! as borat would say I believe....NOT
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by aceeyeed View Post
    I can't imagine shooting just 200 rounds/month for practice - or shooting factory ammo, either. When I was shooting competitively, it was more like 100-200 rounds every session, depending upon what I was practicing for, and three or four times a week. This level of practice pretty much demands handloading and a good progressive reloading machine like one of the Dillons.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Majorlk: +1 on your post.

I don't shoot competitively any more, but I still shoot my handloads 98 percent of the time.

I bought my first factory ammo (other than .22LR) in 20 years a couple of months ago when I bought a .40S&W. I bought 200 rounds of Speer Lawman and 50 rounds of Federal HydraShok to start breaking in the gun.

Three days later I ordered Lee dies and powder measure for my Dillon 550, along with 3,000 once-fired cases and 1,000 Barry 155gr FMJ to start with. The once-fired cases are cheap enough that I am not going to try to chase brass - a major change for me!

Since the .40 is not a match or range gun, the brass will last me a few months. :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by WVBartMan View Post
    Majorlk: +1 on your post.
    What part of West Virginia are you in?

I was born in Princeton in '43 but lived outside the state until '81, when I returned to Charleston and Beckley, leaving there in '89.

I scored some Federal .45 auto 230 grain at Wally World today, the guy said a shipment came in this morning. It looked like they had quite a few boxes of Federal in 9mm and 45acp.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links