Ammo supply will be caught up in June?

This is a discussion on Ammo supply will be caught up in June? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I heard today from the gunsmith/owner of my favorite toy store that Remington is working 6 days a week 24 hrs a day and that ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo supply will be caught up in June?

I heard today from the gunsmith/owner of my favorite toy store that Remington is working 6 days a week 24 hrs a day and that Winchester is 24/7 and they are both not expecting to be caught up on ammo orders until June. That means we should only have a few more months of empty Wally World ammo shelves right? has anyone else heard anything about when ammo will be available again (besides the obvious 1-20-2013)?
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

2. Remove Ads

i have heard nothing. but it would be good to see some ammo.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

BKS
    I was told by a distributor that the ammo companies are not increasing production. "They" feel that the panic buying will stop and don't want to be holding a ton of ammo they won't sell???

My wife did find three boxes of UMC HP 9mm in Wally World the other night.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I think it will be longer than June, but it will catch up. I noticed our local Wal-Mart got 10,000 rounds of .45acp in 100 round bulk packs Monday and it actually stayed on the shelf two whole days!
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I've definitely noticed a slight bump in ammo availability at the local Wally's. Then again, I've started to check them out around 7-7:30AM before I get to work, so that may have something to do with it.
    HK45c V1

I really doubt it....unless all the buyers start running out of money. I can't wait for the gasoline shortage.

This is from the Hornady website:

**Message from Steve Hornady dated April 10, 2009** The shooting sports industry as a whole is currently experiencing record sales. Here at Hornady Manufacturing we are breaking our own production records in an attempt to keep up with customer demand. We have added extra shifts, machinery and we are also in the process of expanding our manufacturing plant. We will continue to produce as much product as we can while still retaining the high quality control you’ve come to expect from us.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Now that would be a site for sore eyes!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I ordered from Cabela's over the internet about three week's ago. Got an email a few days ago saying they would be sending out my ammo 4-24-2009, two days later I get an email saying my order is backordered until 5-29-2009. What's up with that?
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Perhaps about July the price will come back down and we can all stock up case lot style. Buy in bulk, it does save a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    I ordered from Cabela's over the internet about three week's ago. Got an email a few days ago saying they would be sending out my ammo 4-24-2009, two days later I get an email saying my order is backordered until 5-29-2009. What's up with that?
    I ordered some more Federal HST .45 in February from Streicher's. They said shipping would start in April. I email them a few days ago and they said my order would probably ship in August!!

Good thing I have a few boxes of HST and Ranger T-Series.. I'm even trying to slow down my rotation of carry ammo. I'm keeping my spare mag that I carry and the 5 or so around the house loaded with HST +P (which I don't use for carry, just bought because it was there) and only use the T-Series or HST standard pressure in the magazines in my guns.

I hate this! Even for my AR, I keep one mag in it loaded with a mix of 75 grain Hornady TAP LE 5.56 and Nosler 77 grain. The spare mags all have Hornady TAP 55 grain .223. I hate not being ble to keep all my mags loaded with the same stuff. I know I'll never need them, but I like to put a mag or two, here and there around the house.....just in case.

I realized how fast things happened the night before last when my doorbell rang repeatedly at 2am. When I looked out the window it looked like someone was crouching down. This is stupid, I know, but....... I went out the back with my rifle and went to the front of the house. When I got there, there was one of those large green garbage cans filled halfway with water at an angle against my door. It would have fallen in when the door opened. Irritating at best, but it could have gotten someone shot.....or pepper sprayed, and drug in to the street for a severe butt-beating! As simple as it was, it still took forever to get my head straight and my light and gun ready.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Same e-mail-- same dates

Had the order confirmed 4/21 got e-mail saying they would receive the ammo 4/24.

Then, got another e-mail again confirming the same order and shipping date 5/29.

What mass hysteria can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not if I find any...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Same thing here. I got the .45 in about a week, but they changed the 9mm and .380 from the end of April to the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not if I find any...
    LOL...

I my very very local hometown shop I rfound has some ammo. Doesnt matter the price (which isnt outrageous), Im gonna buy some.

Im gonna start with the 00 buck with this guy. 200 rounds should run me a buck fifty... I can deal with that.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links