Attention Walmart shoppers!!!

This is a discussion on Attention Walmart shoppers!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just found this out last night. From the corporate office. All stores will now be limiting ammo purchaces to 6 boxes total. Corporate said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Walmart shoppers!!!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Attention Walmart shoppers!!!

I just found this out last night. From the corporate office. All stores will now be limiting ammo purchaces to 6 boxes total. Corporate said they have been noticeing people buying ammo to resell online and at gun shows. So this policy will be checked and inforced until further notice.

I also noticed that thay didn't say if it was employees that were doing it.

2. Remove Ads

Now people will just be making lots of trips 'in and out'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I saw the new sign yesterday at my local ww. bought 6 boxes of WWB 9mm 100 ct. @ $19.97/ea and returned as an early bird this morning and grabbed 4 boxes of WWB .380 100 count value pack @ $31/ea.

I saw the sign today in Raleigh NC... I also saw 20 boxes of .40 and 30 or so boxes of 9mm... I couldn't believe my eyes

Yep' stopped in the Bristol Ct store, only could buy 6 boxes of .38 special 100 count, this was on Thursday.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I went to Wally World last night about 10pm. Saw the sign on the ammo case. Actually found a cool assoc. to talk to and he told me that if I call between 9:30 and 10pm any night that there is a better chance of catching the ammo being restocked.

M&P9c
    SW99 40cal.
    SuperTuck

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody99 View Post
    I went to Wally World last night about 10pm. Saw the sign on the ammo case. Actually found a cool assoc. to talk to and he told me that if I call between 9:30 and 10pm any night that there is a better chance of catching the ammo being restocked.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh That's a secret!!!!!

6 boxes? That's an improvement over my local WW. They had a self imposed 4 box limit. Hopefully they are going along with the six box rule now.

Update: Went to WW, they ARE going with the six box rule now! That's great! Now I can get six boxes of......oh wait...shelves are still empty.
    Last edited by BradyM77; May 2nd, 2009 at 09:25 PM.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Jacksonville Arkansas is a two box limit!

Any walmart I go into doesn't have 6 boxes of ammo.

Last week there was a sign at my walmart saying it was limited to 10 boxes per bar code so in theory i could get 10 boxes of each of what i need, i did not notice any signs the last few days. The sad thing is that i am trying to get at least a 1000 rounds for each caliber that i own before i go out and start shooting regularly as just in case ammo. Another sad thing was the guy in front of me at the ammo case bought out the rest of the FMJ .223 so i had to get 5 boxes of hjp-bt for the AR for about 12$ per box so not a total loss just a little more expensive.

Supply is either catching up or the limits are working or something??????

I was at Wal-Mart last night, around 8pm, and they had several 100 count WWB 40, .45 and a few (10 or so) boxes of Blazer Brass .40. Some 100 count .38spl WWB too. No 9mm though.

This was late in the evening, before the truck came in, so the ammo on the shelf was from the night before, or so I was told by the guy at the counter.

For the first time in a long time, I went ahead and bought two boxes of Blazer Brass .40 cal. I have been a few rounds short on them, according to my inventory goals. Now my inventory is completely up to snuff in all calibers, except I'm 100 rounds short on .223, but have supplies ordered (on back order of course) to reload the 125 cases in my basement.

I am still going to avoid shooting all of the "popular" and hard to get cartirdges until the supply is plentiful again. I'll just be shooting my hunting rifle calibers (which are widely available here) and my .38, .357 since I have plenty of stuff for reloading those.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    Lucky duck.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I'm glad they did that. I'm tired of having to keep digging into the stash everytime I want to shoot and then I can't replace it with ammo at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    That has been the way it is here lately too,.. . I was at the gun show this weekend and some gun was selling "Blazer Brass 9mm" for $13 a box,. It was mentioned that he bought them at Walmart and was marking them up... His comment was "It's just business guys".... I felt like telling him my thought's, but it wouldn't have mattered..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links