Hornady leverevolution

This is a discussion on Hornady leverevolution within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if this has been touched on before, but I didn't find anything in the search. Does/Has anyone used the hornady leverevolution rounds ...

Thread: Hornady leverevolution

Hornady leverevolution

I don't know if this has been touched on before, but I didn't find anything in the search. Does/Has anyone used the hornady leverevolution rounds in a pistol for personal defense? Also would it be like a ballistic point or a regular ball point? I am shooting a SP 101 .357 3"

2. Remove Ads

Hornady Leverevolution

I carry the 357 mag. Leverevolution in may carry gun. I possed the same question on another site and got may positive responses for thier use.

I just read up on them the other day..... never knew they existed. I was looking for info on Hornandy and ironically... checking for ammo to use in my Marlin Cowboy rifle. I was wondering if they worked well in the level action rifles.... or had shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I just read up on them the other day..... never knew they existed. I was looking for info on Hornandy and ironically... checking for ammo to use in my Marlin Cowboy rifle. I was wondering if they worked well in the level action rifles.... or had shot them.
    I've used them in my Marlin 30-30 and they do work great. I wouldn't shoot out over 150yards with it but it defiantly extended the range of it. I usually just carry the 30-30 on my Ranger in case I see some pigs or coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by ifjpm View Post
    I carry the 357 mag. Leverevolution in may carry gun. I possed the same question on another site and got may positive responses for thier use.
    Thanks, I am going to shop around for some to try. Are they loaded pretty hot?

I shoot them in my Marlin 30-30 and used to shoot them in my 357 revolver. (Recently sold this pistol...) With a 5 inch barrel, I could hit an 8 inch target out to 50 yards with iron sights consistently. No other ammo, of the 4 types I shoot would do that. I never clocked it, but the recoil told me it was a real Magnum.

I think the technology in the flex tip is the same as in their Critical Defense ammo, minus the point. I'll bet it expands just the same.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Links