"hot" .25 ammo? - Page 2

"hot" .25 ammo?

This is a discussion on "hot" .25 ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray It's been a long time since I've even seen a Galesi but if I recall correctly they were of all steel ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "hot" .25 ammo?

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    It's been a long time since I've even seen a Galesi but if I recall correctly they were of all steel construction. Were't considered very expensive in their day and were killed off by GCA '68. Not much parts and service about but then there's not much to go wrong with one that is cleaned and maintained. The Galesi would be a better choice than the various pot metal .25s that came along later.
    Yeah, neat little gun of pretty good quality for what it is. This is a 1955 vintage. I actually found a place online that has EVERY part for it available. The only problem is the parts would cost more than what I paid for it! Still, it did ok at the range. Just a few failures to feed, which I attributed to the magazine lip being slightly bent. Ordered a new mag, to see if that does it. That way even if I don't use it as a BUG, at least it'll be good to go.

winchester makes a 25acp round that has a bb in the bullet. i don't remember what it is called. i picked up a box many mango season ago for my jetfire. i know it will go through an 1/2 inch of plywood from five feet. makes a good size hole. as with any small cal gun they work the best if you fire the whole mag into the problem,,not one or two shots.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I always just lightly lubricated any .25s of mine with machine oil. Kept them clean and they work fine. The replacement magazine is a nice touch and could help.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I always just lightly lubricated any .25s of mine with machine oil. Kept them clean and they work fine. The replacement magazine is a nice touch and could help.
    Didn't think to try that! Just say bent/worn and thought "replace"

Hoping you understand I meant lubricating the pistol and not the ammo. I should have said .25 pistols.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Hoping you understand I meant lubricating the pistol and not the ammo. I should have said .25 pistols.
    Yup. Got it. But I DID neglect to apply extra lube as a diagnostic after the FTF's, just assuming I found the problem.

I had a Galesi in .22 and the magazine was the weak link. I sold it years ago, but the new owner eventually got it to run with a new magazine. His name was Galesi and he was buried with the gun, so in case of a real ban, I know where I can get at least one moldy gun....

Two true .25ACP epic failure stories. One cab driver was shot behind the ear by a robber in the back seat. He fought off the guy and drove to the local ER thinking he had been stunned with a stun gun. Had a FMJ in his scalp. I met him in the gunshop where he was buying his 1st SD gun. A few days later another cab driver shot a robber through a side window of the cab with his .25 and 50gr FMJ. The criminal walked almost two miles before flagging down an ambulance and claiming he was hit in a drive by. Same criminal, BTW. That cabbie came in and bought a bigger gun, SIG 226 IIRC. This was late 90s in Daytona Beach.

True success stories. We got a call for a stabbing / domestic. When we got there we found a guy dead with a hole center mass. He stabbed ex girlfriend, new boyfriend cancelled his check with what was determined to be a .25 with FMJ. He was watching us the whole time from the woods. I saw a clerk who was shot through the glass window of a drive through gas station. It was not bulletproof, just plate glass. Dead with one that went through and through his arm and into his chest. .25 FMJ. Seen a few suicides with the .25, but I recall one that had a bunch of live rounds on the floor. Seems the .25 was jamming and light striking. The suicider had racked a couple of live rounds through the gun till it jammed up with double feed. She then got a Colt .380 and finished the job correctly. She was on the phone with husband at the time.

22 over a 25 Anyday Stingers 1665 FPS out of long gun 3 in barrel still 1000 FPS X 10 & extra clip it will hurt ya
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

The CCI "segmented hollow point" is a Quick Shok bullet. Prefragmented, but designed to break into 3 large fragments on impact. This version:
    Segmented 32gr HP
    is identical to the Stinger, but with the improved bullet. It expands and does a lot of damage even from my NAA mini revolver. Of course it also keyholes in my particular gun. The Subsonic SHP:
    Segmented 40gr HP Shoots much better. The performance on vermin, varmints, and other nuisance animals when shot from a rifle, is for sure not PETA approved.

If you like the Stinger give the first load a try.

Apparently this has become the "22 vs 25" thread!

That would all be well and good, but I don't have and will not be getting a .22. I have a .25!

Interesting though....
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Apparently this has become the "22 vs 25" thread!

That would all be well and good, but I don't have and will not be getting a .22. I have a .25!

Interesting though....
    Yeah this happens any time a .25 ACP thread is posted, be safe.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

If you were to shoot someone with a .25, and if that person found out about it, they'd get really pissed.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I would not recommend anything smaller than a 380 for self protection…

But, at the same time, my wife is fearful of recoil, and loves her Berretta 22. When I’m out she sleep with it on the bedside table.

But being at home, and firing a few rounds at a would be burglar to denture and get him to leave is a whole lot different , than trying to stop some BG from robbing you, that already has a 40 caliber pointed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    I have a cool old Galesi .25 pocket gun, that I'm ALMOST tempted to carry as a BUG, but the prevailing opinion on .25 makes me nervous that with anything but an eye or throat shot it's just slightly warmer than a pea-shooter.

Does anyone know if there are any "hot" .25 rounds out there to load this little bugger with?
    I think this thread got a little side tracked
    you ask about hot .25 ammo
    I don't own a .25 but I saw a guy fire one loaded with COR BON
    through a chronograph and it put my pt22 to shame
    I would carry COR BON if I had one after seeing that.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    I think this thread got a little side tracked
    you ask about hot .25 ammo
    I don't own a .25 but I saw a guy fire one loaded with COR BON
    through a chronograph and it put my pt22 to shame
    I would carry COR BON if I had one after seeing that.
    Indeed it did! Still interesting opinions though.

I didn't realize that Cor Bon had .25, or that it was that hot. I'll check it out.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links