price of ammo is really getting expensive

This is a discussion on price of ammo is really getting expensive within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sgtD That is just repugnant and offensive. Nearly $40 for crap ammo. What a rip-off. So is this. A local sporting goods ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: price of ammo is really getting expensive

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    That is just repugnant and offensive. Nearly $40 for crap ammo. What a rip-off.
    So is this.

A local sporting goods store is selling Winchester White Box .45 ACP 230 FMJ 100 round Value-Paks.

$52.99 each.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    So is this.

A local sporting goods store is selling Winchester White Box .45 ACP 230 FMJ 100 round Value-Paks.

$52.99 each.
    Wow! No wonder WalMart is always out.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

i also have started my collection of ammo several months ago. i have enough that i can wait on walmart, and not buy from those who inflate way well and beyound. they have the right to charge what ever they wish, and i have the right to remember who remembered me when times were hard
    jersey no more.. im a texan now

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Wow! No wonder WalMart is always out.
    I know for a fact that some of the small gun ships in my area stake out walmart and buy up all their ammo, and then mark it up 100%. They had some Remington .45acp UMC 50 round package for $39.99 the other day. A guy at walmart told me that some old man comes up there every morning and buys up all their handgun ammo. So I boycott that store now.

I never have any trouble getting ammunition from Landric's Discount Ammo Center and the prices are quite reasonable:

On a side note, I got stuck doing shoplifting patrol at ChiComMart on Sunday and say the lady working sporting goods putting out WWB value packs of .40S&W and .45ACP, $29.97 for the .40 and $31.97 for the .45. I know those are "good" prices in today's market, but it made be glad to do all my shopping at Landric's Discount Ammo Center.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Dunno most of my small local shops are still selling 50rd boxes for $19.99, as they were about this time last year. I usually use them to judge the prices because Wal-Mart can vary more.

I would imagine as long as people keep stockpiling, they will keep raising prices. Simple economics 101 principle we are seeing at work here with this entire ammo situation.

Its a good price for the 100rd boxes.

Crazy ammo

Where I live in Oklahoma, a Bass Pro is out of all handgun ammo, the local shop I go to was loaded up a few weeks ago and is now out of 9mm 40 and 45, I suspect one buyer came in and cleaned them out of 10,000 rounds of each. They had some cases for sale a couple of weeks ago.

I can get ammo, I know where but its a special trip to a local gun shop. The days of getting it at walmart or Academy sports are currently over. I am getting a bonus soon and am getting loaded up, but even then I will not take more than Half of what is available.

I think I will invest in a Dillion re-loader. Start making my own again.
    Life is Hard its even harder when you're stupid.
    Sig 239 .40- Most carried
    Sig 229 SCT w/ Rail .40- Great firearm
    Sig 220 & Kimber Crimson Pro
    TT Gunleather Holsters

I have seen WWB as high as $59.95 per 100.

I think I am going to just buy a reloading kit.

Just picked up 6 boxes of 9mm/100ct WWB from Wally @ $19.97/bx. It's out there got to be persistent.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

i have started reloading my own .45 for the price of five hundred rounds i could reload for a long time i just use the lee hand press only 27 dollars and the lee's die set about the same price, the only problem is finding primers about has hard to get as ammo and getting more expensive but still its is a hell of a lot cheaper than finding ammo before i started i drove all the way to a cabellas for ammo

It's economics 101, supply and demand. The supply is low, the demand is high, hence the higher prices. I hate it as much as you do, but it is what it is. I haven't seen WalMart raise their prices as much as ATG and others, but there has definitely been an increase over the last several months. The reasoning behind the initial price increases were not due to any shortages, but due to higher fuel costs, resulting in greater expenses getting products to markets. Now that Obummer and his ilk have taken over it has just reinforced the increases.

Purchases will have to significantly drop, and supply finally catch up if we are to ever see prices stabilize (or even for the product to even exist on store shelves). Not sure when that will happen.

Federal American Eagle 9mm 115gr FMJ 50rnd box for $24.99 at Natchez limit 20 boxes. I just I will keep cruising Wal-mart for cheap ammo
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links