Anyone see Modern Marvels about Bullets?

This is a discussion on Anyone see Modern Marvels about Bullets? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Late last night (3/7/06) I saw part of the show where a special bullet would go through a steel plate and leave a small hole ...

Thread: Anyone see Modern Marvels about Bullets?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Anyone see Modern Marvels about Bullets?

Late last night (3/7/06) I saw part of the show where a special bullet would go through a steel plate and leave a small hole but when shot through a chunk of meat it expanded and blew the meat apart.
    Anyone see this - have any links for more info about that bullet?
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Hello ArmyCop, I am watching it right now,3/10/06. I taped it because it was running the same night as my Haganah class.Really cool info, I like the concept of the smart bullet. The whole thing is making my trigger finger itchy.

Assistant Administrator
    Not sure but - is this the Xtreme Shock (tungsten powder filled) deal?

Pakn - give some feedback when you get to see the tape.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

95, There are two different smart bullet types they talked about, neither are available to us civilian types. One is manufactured by Le Mas . It uses a blended smart metal type of technology that will enable the bullet, pistol or rifle, to totally penetrate plate metal armor.The neat trick is this same bullet, when recognizing that it is now in flesh will fragment with such a force that it "explodes."Thus there is no more over penetration . The other was Army experiment . It comes in two flavors,5.56 and 20mm They are computer programmed , Thru a firing control system in the weapon itself, to travel a certian distance and air burst over the target. They are trying to perfect these two to travel around corners. It was impressive on video. It is a shame that Le Mas caters this round to LEO & Military sales. It would be the perfect CCW round , and it comes in my current favorite , 10mm.

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for info - yep - ''blended metal'' seems one way to go for extreme results.

The other computer controlled (so called) have me so far wondering juts how they do it all!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I think its all an ancient chinese secret, or maybe VooDoo.Its the govt. if they told ud they'ed have to kill us. LOL. The "rifle" they were shooting thes things out of were cumbersome looking things . They were basiclly a guided missle launcher that was shrunk.There is a microscopic chip in the base of the"bullet" and the computer feeds the range info into the bullet @ firing. When it reached its pre-determined coordinites it air bursts above the soft targets and shreds them up,and intresting enough they will penetrate obstrutions to get where they need to go. Whitetail season just would'nt be the same with this though.LOL.

Wink Aguila

for home use that stuff is suppose to shoot through a car door or level II but yet go all over the place when it hits soft tissue. Up here in Mi the gun shops will not sell it to and individual unless they are CPL or LEO. There are a lot of nice ammo choices out there but the stuff the MIL has leaves any thing we have in the dust.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

That performance sounds a lot like what CorBon DPX actually has done in tests on clothed gelatin and barriers.

Hey Pointblank! Welcome to CC, and thanks for posting! Have ya popped over to "Introductions" and into'd yourself? Welcome!

Supposedly the RBCD round is blended metal technology and they sell to the public. http://www.rbcd.net There are lots of conflicting stories about this company and it's product. My good buddy who IIRC has made 06 (Full Colonel) in Special Forces swears by them. I have them in my spare mags for my 40. I can't find them at a gun show for my 45. I did find this one box of 20rds for just about $20. Normally they sell 20rds for $50!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ExSoldier,

Was checking out RBCD, The specs are impressive I will say that... If they are all they claim to be & perform as well as it appears .. Price really wouldnt be an option..

Here are the specs for a few calibers off the website..

45 ACP at over 2340 fps & 1000 flbs

40 S&W at over 2300 & 800 flbs

9 mm at over 2300 fps & 600 flbs

38 Special at over 1850 fps & 418 flbs

357 Mag. at over 2270 fps & 572 flbs

I lIke.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Old Dawg: The specs are spectacular, but there seems to be conflicting data out there. I'm also reminded of the old saying about if it seems to good to be true..... My buddy, as I said, swears by them and he's a real BTDT kind of guy. Warrior. I still keep them in the backup mag to my Glock M27. It's a really LIGHT bullet. It's that blended metal technology that seems to be at work here.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links