I bought ammo at Walmart tonight!!!!

This is a discussion on I bought ammo at Walmart tonight!!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We go to Walmart to get groceries every week and every week I check the ammo shelf. I need 38's, 45 Autos, and 9mm. They ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We go to Walmart to get groceries every week and every week I check the ammo shelf. I need 38's, 45 Autos, and 9mm. They actually had about 20 boxes of 45 Auto JHP in Winchester. "I couldn't believe my eyes", I was told I just missed all the practice ammo. I went ahead and pick up a couple of boxes even though I already have a bunch of JHP. You never know when we might have to defend ourselves.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I was at Wally World myself tonight and the Sporting Goods clerk said they would have 20 Mega Boxes (250 rds.) of Remington UMC .40 cal 180 gr FMJ in this week. Supposedly, I have dibs on about 10 of them as soon as they come in although I don't know for sure that they can do that. They often have the Blazer crap but it makes my Ruger P90 jam too bad.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

VIP Member
    I've tried that Remington UMC .40 cal 180 gr FMJ and it is the only ammo
    that gives me holes in the primmer when I shoot it in a 610, too bad too because UMC is good ammo.

Only post ammo scores when you find a box of 380
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    That's stuff is hard to come by...

I know a gun shop that's selling used .380's cheap cuz ppl bought them and couldn't find ammo so they traded them in for .40's or .45's.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

They had four boxes of .380 in two weeks ago! I only bought one box because they're like $33.00 each...it was almost like a dream, the entire shelf was empty except for these boxes of .380, I had to rub my eyes...
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    They had four boxes of .380 in two weeks ago! I only bought one box because they're like $33.00 each...it was almost like a dream, the entire shelf was empty except for these boxes of .380, I had to rub my eyes...
    $33.00 is a steal. The only place in my area that has had any .380 is selling it for $65.00 a box. If I could re-load .380 I would quite my job.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I forgot to add the 45 Auto JHP was less than $20.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Found WWB 9MM FMJ at Wally's Friday, $19.99/100rd box. I bought the maximum 6 boxes.

I was in a local store yesterday and they had 6 boxes of Magtech 380 for $18.99/50rd box. I have a decent supply of my 380 carry ammo and have been hoping to find some WWB at Wally's. Might have to get some of the Magtech if they still have any tomorrow.

Sadly, my Wal-Mart was bare of pistol ammo.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I was able to score 3 - 50 round boxes of UMC 9mm 2 weeks ago and my wife scored a 100 round box of 9mm box of WWB last week at my local Walmart! I'll be off again this morning to try again!

I just scored 10 boxes of 100 count 9mm this morning at my wally world.

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    They often have the Blazer crap but it makes my Ruger P90 jam too bad.
    Id hardly call Blazer crap. Cycles just fine in many of the guns used by folks on this forum.

Works fine for target ammo.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

My Wally-Mart has about 25 boxes of everything. And the guy at the counter said they have several cases that just came in. He said people bought it like crazy, then he filled it all back up, and it was still there a week later.

My wife and I went to WallyWorld Friday night to see if they had a cheap rainsuit. While heading to the sporting goods area, I noticed a real live human at the ammo counter! In numerous trips, I had never before seen a person behind the counter--just the nearly empty shelves. In passing, I almost jokingly asked if he had any .45 or .40Smith & Wesson ammo, not expecting a positive reply, as the shelves were empty. To my surprise, he said "I have some .40 caliber, but it isn't made by Smith and Wesson". He obviously wasn't a shooting officiando , but he pulled out a box from below the counter. It contained the total of the ammo he had just received--12 boxes of Blazer .40S&W, 1 box of Winchester .45ACP, 1 box of Blazer 9mm. That was their total shipment! I bought the 1 box of .45 for me and 4 boxes of the .40S&W "not-made-by-Smith-and-Wesson" for my wife. Ironically enough, they didn't have the rainsuit--only ponchos, which do not work well on motorcycles--but at least I scored some ammo. The shooting gods must have been smiling favorably on me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links