I FINALLY found some ammo at Walmart !!

This is a discussion on I FINALLY found some ammo at Walmart !! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After numerous unsuccessful visits to Walmart in search of ammo, today I FINALLY scored. I had a hunch that if I stopped by Walmart at ...

Thread: I FINALLY found some ammo at Walmart !!

I FINALLY found some ammo at Walmart !!

After numerous unsuccessful visits to Walmart in search of ammo, today I FINALLY scored. I had a hunch that if I stopped by Walmart at lunch time, I MIGHT find some ammo. I stepped up to counter and saw mostly empty shelves,except I also saw a cart full of boxes marked Winchester, Remington , Federal etc. Upon closer look I can make out what appears to be marking of various AMMO calibers. The clerk comes down the aisle and I ask if they have any 9mm ammo. YES, he says, came in last night, just now getting ready to put it out on the shelf. What would you like ? I'd like a case, but 5 boxes was the maximum purchase allowed, so I got 5 boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm/ 50 rds box for $8.95 !! Also scored a box of 550 .22's. Drove back to the office with a big smile !!! Guess I should run out and buy a lotto ticket tonight, I'm surely one lucky guy today !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Ads

My locals are still sold out, but I have an inside connection now.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post
    My locals are still sold out, but I have an inside connection now.
    The only way to go. Mine keeps me fairly well supplied. They hadn't had any 9mm in quite some time so yesterday I was quite suprized - they had to get a manager to open the gun room where two 100 round boxes of Winchester 9mm were waiting on me.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    thats cool all i can find is 357 mag and 357 sig found some of the new winchester pdx stuff 30 bucks a box thoe
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I went last night after i got off work. (3am) They had 8 boxes of .40 cal. Went back today after i got up to pick up a few boxes. Gone. Im finding that if they have it when i get off its best to stay up until they start selling it.

mine seems to be staying stocked w/ .223 lately. not much else. scored 5 boxes of the federal 550 bulk pcks of .22 couple weeks ago. and a few days before that found another 2 boxes of the winchester .22 bulk pack @ another wally world. should be stocked up on .22 to last me a couple months now :-D. just have to become unlazy and start reloading .357 mag/.38 spcl now. find some .44 mag dies too

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    After numerous unsuccessful visits to Walmart in search of ammo, today I FINALLY scored. I had a hunch that if I stopped by Walmart at lunch time, I MIGHT find some ammo. I stepped up to counter and saw mostly empty shelves,except I also saw a cart full of boxes marked Winchester, Remington , Federal etc. Upon closer look I can make out what appears to be marking of various AMMO calibers. The clerk comes down the aisle and I ask if they have any 9mm ammo. YES, he says, came in last night, just now getting ready to put it out on the shelf. What would you like ? I'd like a case, but 5 boxes was the maximum purchase allowed, so I got 5 boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm/ 50 rds box for $8.95 !! Also scored a box of 550 .22's. Drove back to the office with a big smile !!! Guess I should run out and buy a lotto ticket tonight, I'm surely one lucky guy today !!!!!!!!!!!
    Good that you got what you needed.

My Wife literally waits for the truck to arrive at Wal-mart. We usually buy almost everything they have.

I now have a stock about 8,000 rounds of 9mm fmj target. and 10,000 rounds of .22 LR Winchester HP and CCI due to her help.
    Forget about .380, .357Sig or .45 for now.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Congrats on the the score at WW. Every time I go I get nothing but disapointmet.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

I finally got to WM and found wwb .45 auto. I got 4 boxes of a 100 at $ 29 and left another 4 for another soul.
    Just got around 600 rnds for practice so I'm good for a couple of range visits. I had forgotten the feeling of a drawer full of ammo.
    I also had the chance to strengthen the SD ammo stash to 250 rounds of high quality jhp ammo.
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by Stealie View Post
    Congrats on the the score at WW. Every time I go I get nothing but disapointmet.
    Ain't this the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    We usually buy almost everything they have.
    Maybe it's because of people like this?

Tried yesterday at our local Wallmart her in southeast Florida and they had no ammo for any handguns. I am glad I stocked up on 380 ammo about 3 months ago. Just need 5-6 more boxes of 9mm to add to my supply.
    Nick
    Glock 19 /CT Laser
    Glock 26 /CT Laser
    Kel Tec P3AT .380/CT Laser

the proof is in the persistence... after multiple checks per week, I finally ran across the ammo I've needed! Found ten boxes of 9mm Blazer at $8.95/box. My girlfriend and I picked em all up. We're gonna take a CCW/CPL class soon, and it's MUCH cheaper to bring your own ammo as opposed to buying it there! :)

xmas in may

I was in WM this evening and they had quite a bit of .45 acp that had just come in. Both Remington and Blazer. 14.97 for the Blazer, and the Remington was a couple bucks more IIRC.. Some cat bought the 6 box limit then had his wife come over and she bought six. Then he asked if his kids could buy six eac too. He had three kids with him that were toddlers and a bit older. Clerk said you have to be 21, so no.

I didn't buy any myself.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewsman View Post
    thats cool all i can find is 357 mag and 357 sig found some of the new winchester pdx stuff 30 bucks a box thoe
    The new Winchester self defense bonded PDX1 is actually available in
    two 9mm versions:
    9MM luger +P, # S9MMPDB, 124 grain and
    9MM SGMMPDB1, 147 grains.

Buy some but you will need to try it because the characteristics are different than ball nosed target rounds.

It is also available in .40 but not .357 Sig as of yet.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links