This is ridiculous!!!!!!! - Page 4

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on This is ridiculous!!!!!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by joeblow IF it's true that there's no conspiracy to limit the production and sale of handgun ammo, and I'm not so sure ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
    IF it's true that there's no conspiracy to limit the production and sale of handgun ammo, and I'm not so sure it is, than what about importing ammo?
    Again, it isn't an overnight thing like you seem to think it is. There are restrictions in place on imported ammunition in the way of tariffs, so the cheap surplus we saw in the 80s and 90s is now dried up, tariffs increased so the price increased, the metals commodities surged a few years ago increasing prices of ammunition, cases, and bullets significantly. Sure you can import more ammo if you want to pay a higher price for absolute crap product quality. Put the logistics in place for a cool $100 million or so up front and you can import all the Chi-com crap ammo they can squeeze out of the country.

Why aren't they importing ammo from China and elsewhere ?
    Import tariffs on ammunition for one thing. Raw materials is another. Guess what? China and Russia have to import copper, which is a key component in cartridge brass alloy and gilding metal jackets, and a host of other raw materials they either don't possess the technology to mine or the technology to mass produce. Recall China is a second world country. That means they are in the industrializing stage.

If people here can't figure out how to make more of such a simple item to satisfy supply and demand then I'm sure China could, and the importers could make a ton of money in the bargain.
    Do you understand the implications of a supply and demand market and what effect surges in demand has on supply? Do you understand overages?

If there all of a sudden was a dozen new ammunition manufacturing companies that made ammo for the American market's current demand there would be a surge in supply which would lower demand. Then when demand decreases at the same rapid rate in which it increased, or worse, you will have vast amounts of resources and stock that is now an overage and worthless. The equipment you just spent millions on is now worth pennies on the dollar. The employees you hired are now all laid off indefinitely. The buildings will be vacated, unkept, and will be wasted. The short term profits you made during the spike are now gone. You have no demand, no customers, and a pile of components with no where to go from here. You dump your components at a 95% loss to get out of Dodge and move on with life, all the while ruining countless others. But you made money and helped the American public so you will get a Nobel prize.

I'd like to hear from people who are actually working in the factories where ammo is made. I don't know if it's true but I read a post by one guy who said he did and he said that they were slowing down the production lines and reducing their hours, not the opposite.
    ATK has cut several thousand jobs recently in order to reduce costs. Even with the current demand being more than current capacity can handle, it's a waste to keep employees idle, so they are laid off. It happens. I don't know if there are any on here that are in the ammunition manufacturing industry nor anyone else on the dozen other forums I frequent.

Tubby/Adam - You own something called "Freakshow Manufacturing" and your slogan is "You can kill it. We can help."? That all sounds more like something antigunners might dream up to make pro 2nd ammendment people look bad. Is that some kind of sting operation you're running there?
    Yes I own Freakshow Mfg LLC, a licensed 07 FFL/ Class 2 SOT. The company name is named after my nickname. It is very memorable and people won't forget it. That's the point.

On the other note, I am not a politically correct person and my company is not a politically correct company. I couldn't care less what anti gunners think of me or my business or my slogan. I don't associate with them, I don't deal with them, and I try to completely ignore them. They can die of starvation in a grocery store for all I care.

And if you want to insult me by questioning the existence of my business or my stance on the Second Amendment head over to my website and see what's there. Head over to the ATF's website and click on the Firearms tab at the top, then FFL EZ Check and type in 4-38-04430. That's my FFL number. You can verify my existence for yourself.

Call the DHS and ask them who converted 200 Masterpiece Arms Mac 10 9mms to fully automatic for them. Call my local PD and ask them all about me. Ask MI Tech University Practical Pistol Club president what impact my presence at the range has done for the students who want to learn to shoot and handle firearms safely. Ask the Calumet Keweenaw Sportsman's Club about that nice 28 year old guy who donated enough money to buy all the kids bows and arrows for a archery range they installed. Then come talk to me about legitimacy and my intentions.

Now I have to head back out and finish up the ammo order I'm taking a break from.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    joeblow,

You might take notice that Tubby is in the industry and has been on this site for four years. If you stick around that long you may learn two things:

1. There are allot of really smart people on here that truly know what they are talking about.

2. Most of us don't give a poop what the anti gunners think. So when you want to insult a guy you're going to need some better material.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

We are having the same issue in eastern Ohio. I have contacted walmarts and local gun stores no one has 9mm. I am lucky enough to be within 40 minutes of a cabelas which also has a lack of 9mm. I will say I have be lucky once it twice finding ammo. It is very frustrating. Just my vent for the day...

TUBBY45 Youngman, don't you ever ,ever, again defend yourself, your company name, your manufacturing operations, on a WEB SITE. You walk the walk and talk the talk in your command of the English language. YOU ARE A WINNER.
    Good luck to you in the future and may God bless. Rollie

Thanks.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    joeblow,

You might take notice that Tubby is in the industry and has been on this site for four years. If you stick around that long you may learn two things:

1. There are allot of really smart people on here that truly know what they are talking about.

2. Most of us don't give a poop what the anti gunners think. So when you want to insult a guy you're going to need some better material.

That's OK, but if it's all the same to you I'd just as soon stay a mile away from someone selling guns and ammo and calling himself Freakshow and using the slogan "You can kill it. We can help."
    Last edited by joeblow; June 2nd, 2009 at 10:30 PM.

looks like theyve got AE for $15 a box and magtech for 16...

not so horrible....

Just got back from my Wally and got a box of W 100 count 9mm for $20.97 and a 50 count of 357 mag for $30. It is the first that they have had in a while and it was limited, but the price was not bad.

Armydad

That's OK, but if it's all the same to you I'd just as soon stay a mile away from someone selling guns and ammo and calling himself Freakshow and using the slogan "You can kill it. We can help."
    I'm not losing sleep over it, joeblow.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    It is very memorable and people won't forget it. That's the point.
    I've always dug your slogan. Makes me chuckle since it parodies home depot's

Awesome price on the 9mm target loads btw, I am probably going to order a few boxes. Just got a Beretta 92FS and that is the best 9mm ammo price I have seen yet.

PM sent.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links