This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on This is ridiculous!!!!!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What i once paid $9.99 has gone up to $19.99 for a box of 50 this is crazy I refuse to pay it., http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...ID=CC3509&src: I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

Thumbs down This is ridiculous!!!!!!!

What i once paid $9.99 has gone up to $19.99 for a box of 50 this is crazy
    I refuse to pay it.,

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...ID=CC3509&src:

I sent them a feed back to this link:

https://www.natchezss.com/customerSe...entID=feedback

I am truly dissappointed to see you guys have jumped on the gouging wagon,I have ordered quite a bit of ammo from you folks and was patiently awaiting to see when you were in stock only to see that you doubled in price,Im sure im not the only one feeling like this and rest assured i will pas the words among the gun forums and to what you guys have done,totally unacceptable

Hopefully others will do the same.
    Last edited by OrlandoDriver; May 25th, 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i just bought 300 rounds of winchester white box 9mm for 63$ at walmart yes thats right i found some
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I too bought some wwb 100 round packs for $20 at walmart recently.
    Sig Sauer P229 9mm
    Sig Sauer P238 .380
    Colt XSE 1911 .45

Links working now.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I got an e-mail for Blazer Aluminum cased 45ACP - the price was $26.99 / box of 50 before shipping! And they had the gall to state there was a 20 box per customer limit! Don't really think they need it at that price.

I was going shooting recently and called WW, they have 4 100rd boxes of WWB and 20 boxes of Blazer Brass. By the time I got there all they had was 7 boxes of Blazer Brass (total time between phone call and arrive <20 minutes). Gotta be quick! WW is getting ammo just gotta keep checking and drive fast!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

What day does Walmart usually get their ammo shipment?

My local Wally has had ammo each time I stopped by in the past month. They do have a 2 box limit though.
    M&P 9 and 9c
    Ruger LCP
    Remington 810 20 gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    everyday..
    as long as some is on the truck
    jersey no more.. im a texan now

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Our 4-5 Wal-Marts here get ammo every night, when the trucks arrive. It seems that as soon as they put it out the "ammo bandit" arrives and buys it up.

Haven't seen anything but rifle ammo in months.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Same here just went there last night they have two boxes of WWB .357 Mag. Thats it...all rifle ammo. Asked the guy who was stocking and he said he doesnt know from day to day if there is ammo on the truck or not.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I feel your pain, am having a hard time finding .38 spcl, .357 magnum, and .40 s&w.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    What i once paid $9.99 has gone up to $19.99 for a box of 50 this is crazy
    I refuse to pay it.,

CCI Blazer 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ 50/box - Natchez Shooters Supplies

I sent them a feed back to this link:

https://www.natchezss.com/customerSe...entID=feedback

I am truly dissappointed to see you guys have jumped on the gouging wagon,I have ordered quite a bit of ammo from you folks and was patiently awaiting to see when you were in stock only to see that you doubled in price,Im sure im not the only one feeling like this and rest assured i will pas the words among the gun forums and to what you guys have done,totally unacceptable

Hopefully others will do the same.

Thanks for the info
    You have the right answer, just don't buy from them ever again.
    The same thing that happened to me at Shooters Express
    in Charlotte NC. he was asking $46.00 for a box of 50
    Wolf .380 fmj.
    I walked out and will never go back.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Gun stores continue to be a never-ending source of hilarity. Walk into your local shooting emporium and ask why there is an ammo shortage, and you'll hear inane speculation coupled with a conspiracy theory or two. The reality is that the supply chain for ammunition is relatively inelastic, and is easily overwhelmed by a sudden jump in sales.

As one industry consultant has told me, ammunition demand over the years has been remarkably predictable. Ammunition wholesalers know (within a certain margin of error) how many units of each caliber they'll sell in the coming year, and approve purchase orders for the delivery of that amount of product during that year.

Ammo makers, too, know with fair certainty how much they're going to sell to the wholesalers during that period, and sign contracts for the purchase of sufficient components to produce those products. They don't typically keep large stores of components on hand, as standing inventory is expensive, so components are delivered on a "just in time" basis.

The suppliers of those components do the same thing with raw materials; again, ammunition is a stable business, which allows them to forecast with pretty good accuracy the stuff they need to make the components they sell. This pattern repeats itself on up the chain, all the way to the people who mine the stuff necessary to make a single cartridge.

Along comes a huge, sudden spike in demand. Retailers all over the country are suddenly swamped with ammunition purchases, and quickly call their suppliers to get more. The first few calls are rewarded with replacement stock, but soon the wholesaler's shelves are bare too - their entire year allotment of ammunition is gone in just a few days.

The wholesaler calls the maker, and the same thing happens: all of the suppliers are doubling (or more) orders to get their dealers restocked, and the manufacturer is quickly stripped of on-hand components as he tries to fill those orders.

The dealers are out, the wholesalers are out, and now the manufacturers are out. But it gets worse.

The makers of the priming compound, primer cups, brass, powder, jacket material, and lead are suddenly swamped with desperate pleas for more product, and they in turn contact the suppliers of the raw materials for more. The entire chain of supply is empty, and everyone has to wait while all of the raw materials are gathered. (I shouldn't have to tell you that those folks have other contracts to fill before they can get to the rush orders - they're not just waiting around for next year's order from the ammo companies!)

That all sounds simple, but it just isn't. As an example, smokeless powder may contain a huge variety of raw materials: Nitrocellulose, Nitroglycerin, Nitroguanidine, Dibutyl phthalate, Polyester adipate, Ethyl acetate, Diphenylamine, 2-Nitrodiphenylamine, 4-nitrodiphenylamine, N-nitrosodiphenylamine, N-methyl-p-nitroaniline, tin dioxide, bismuth trioxide, bismuth subcarbonate, bismuth nitrate, bismuth antimonide, Potassium nitrate, Potassium sulfate, Talc, Titanium dioxide, Graphite, and Calcium carbonate. Each of these has to be sourced from a supplier, ordered, received, then finally compounded into smokeless powder. Think that all happens overnight??

Once the raw materials are finally in hand, the work can start. Lead has to be formed into projectiles, copper into jackets, brass into casings; priming compound is made from lead azide and/or potassium perchlorate, then the mixture combined with metal cups to make primers (they have to be made, too); the aforementioned powder has to be made (a huge job in itself.)

Once those components are ready, they can be sent to the manufacturer, who puts together into a finished round, then packages them appropriately. (Oops - we forgot that boxes and trays that have to be made and printed. That takes time and materials!) They're then shipped to the wholesaler, who (finally!) can ship to the retailer.

This whole process takes time - lots of it. If demand is high enough (which it has been), even the emergency orders placed all the way to the producers of the raw products may not be sufficient, and shortages will continue. That's what we're seeing right now.

The supply chain is simply empty, all the way up to the people who mine the raw materials. It's going to take time to replace all the links in that chain, and it's not because of the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, The Joos, FEMA, the CIA, a secret agreement to implement gun control through ammo availability, or any other silly theory you may have heard. This is a textbook example of what happens when an inelastic supply chain, composed with scarce "just in time" inventories, meets insatiable demand. It's not sexy or intriguing, but that's the way it is.

You know what's scarier? Your food comes to you the same way. Imagine what would happen if...
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links