It pays to have ammo. - Page 2

It pays to have ammo.

This is a discussion on It pays to have ammo. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice swap...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Nice swap........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Bless that kind soul's girlfriend for giving him the stuff!
    May she find more!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

farronwolf: I, and many other who craft ammunition, store it in factory boxes; I label mine very clearly. Some are very nice little containers. But the operative word here is "unknown". For those of us who do a thorough job, you can't distinguish "my" stuff from "their" stuff.

It's still America and we're still free to make choices. If someone gives you a load of ammunition and you feel it's safe ... shoot it. But given the malicious nature of many people now days (computer virus writers, hackers, thieves and etc.) "unknown" tends to be less than perfectly desirable. And the way I read the post, this is third hand fodder. Kind of like third hand medication ... maybe just not the best product to use.
    10mm; when you care enough to send the very best.

I understand your concern. I handload as well, and I can assure you this is factory ammo.

The RBCD ammo has a nice plastic ball in the top center of the bullet, as well as the Glaser rounds. The CorBon is typical CorBon with the red primer seal around the edge.

As far as people doing malicious things, well yes they do. But I have known this guy for about 10 years, and he has worked with the gal that gave him the stuff for quite a long time. I don't live my life in a state of panic that someone is always out to get me. This stuff is what it is. Ammo that someone no longer needed and they gave away to a co worker that was going to be shooting that weekend.

I will sleep well knowing that I could help him out with the .22 ammo, and that I happened to come out on the better end of a swap.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Great trade!

But, don't you feel a little guilty not sharing the fun with your friend? Maybe let him help with the QC testing on all that ammo?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Great trade!

But, don't you feel a little guilty not sharing the fun with your friend? Maybe let him help with the QC testing on all that ammo?
    I had full intentions of letting him shoot off some of the stuff he brought, but my wife decided not to come back out to camp on Saturday evening for dinner, and so she didn't bring her GP100 or my Redhawk out so that we could shoot any of it. I wasn't going to make the hour + trip back and forth just to get the other guns.

I am sure next time if he is there we will shoot some of it, well that is if I haven't tested it all before then.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links