It pays to have ammo.

It pays to have ammo.

This is a discussion on It pays to have ammo. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This past weekend was our typical Memorial Day outing at camp. One if the guys came to town to get some ice and other stuff ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It pays to have ammo.

It pays to have ammo.

This past weekend was our typical Memorial Day outing at camp. One if the guys came to town to get some ice and other stuff and was going to head out when I went. Anyway his brother in law had tried to find some .22 ammo in the DFW area on his way out of town but wasn't able to find any so he asked if the guy would pick some up some when he was in town. Well I had been to Wally World earlier in the day and they didn't have anything but the CCI in the 50 rd plastic boxes, so I told him that I would just sell him one of my bricks of 550 ct Federal.

So out at camp the brother in law breaks out some 125 gr Corbon JHP .357, some Glaser .357, a 50 rd box of Federal Premium 147 JHP .38 SP +P, some Super X 44 mag JHP, and some 44 special. Probably 150 rds all together, none of which he has a gun capable of shooting. Just so happens that I do.

So he says, lets just swap the brick of .22 for this ammo that he doesn't have guns for. I say, no problem. Any day I can trade a 15 dollar box of bullets for what is probably 50 to 75 dollars worth of hunting or self defense ammo I will take that deal.

Apparently one of the gals he works with had this stuff and just gave it to him. I sure hope she finds some more floating around her house.
    Last edited by farronwolf; May 25th, 2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Nice trade!!!!

Stuff like that never happens to me, what a sweet deal!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Trading ammo like that can be extremely dangerous, especially if you don't know where it was originally purchased.

Send it to: Retsupt99's Ammo testing for free individualized ammo testing. I'll test each and every shell for you...

Nice trade!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I never seem to fall into a deal like that.

Great deal !!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Very nice!!!!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Wow.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Good deal. I guess it does pay to have ammo.

I just came out of the basement where I put together 20 .308 rounds and 50 .223 rounds.

If anyone wants to trade me for say, 500 or 1000 rounds of 7.62 x 39, just let me know. :-)
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

You should buy some lottery tickets...
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

As a 40 year reloader and bullet caster I can tell you with complete honesty I've seen some disastrous "home made" ammo. And some looked very nice...cosmetically the equal of factory.

Shooting ammo of unknown origin is never a good idea. You can get it tested but the only way to know for sure is to test it all and then you'd have nothing left.

I hate raining on anybody's parade, but if it were mine I'd pull every bullet, use the powder as lawn fertilizer and soak the primers in WD-40.

Forgive a newbie forum member, but I feel I have to speak my mind here.
    10mm; when you care enough to send the very best.

ku4hx, what makes you think that this is reloaded ammo?

From all indications it is all factory loaded ammo, most of it all in the original boxes.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    farronwolf
    Like the others have stated good trade. The one thing that has gone unsaid is that it was a nice thing you did by offering to help out a fellow shooter. For your generosity you were rewarded. Way to go.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Stuff like that never happens to me, what a sweet deal!
    Word. Nothing like that has ever happened to me either. Heck of a good start to the day.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    farronwolf
    Like the others have stated good trade. The one thing that has gone unsaid is that it was a nice thing you did by offering to help out a fellow shooter. For your generosity you were rewarded. Way to go.
    Mike
    I have enough ammo and reloading stuff to keep me going for a couple of years. I have known the guy who needed the .22 shells for about 10 years or so and would help him out without hesitation.

One thing I did notice last night was that the box of 44 Spec ammo was from RBCD. There is another thread running about that ammo. Out of curriosity I will have to shoot some of it into some water jugs to see how it performs.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links