Defensive Carry banner

Georgia Arms...Your Thoughts???

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Moglman 
#1 ·
What is everyone's experience with Georgia Arms ammo. I know some people that swear by it but I personally have never used it. I was going to get some at the Winston-Salem gun show this past weekend but they weren't there.

I'm considering "biting the bullet" (no pun intended...okay yes there was) and buying several thousand rounds on backorder (6-7 weeks) and just waiting for it to come in. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Not surprising that you missed them as they were at the Miami Dade County Gun Show this weekend. Personal experience is that they are nice folks, willing to answer questions without any hard sell or other attitudes that you sometimes run into.

Have purchased and used their ammo with no issues. Relatives have also stopped by their brick and mortar in Georgia and purchased over the counter. As with any customer / vendor transaction, YMMV, but we are comfortable with them and will continue to do business with them.

Standard disclaimer, I/we are not related to them and have no affiliation with them other than as mentioned above. Just noting our good experiences with them and have no problems recommending them.

#4 ·
Canned Heat is bulk packaging in an ammo can, correct?

#5 ·
I use Ga. Arms stuff a LOT!

If you need .45acp however, you need to get to the show early the first day! If you don't....it'll be gone. (people like me buy it all!)

They usually have .40 & 9mm until Sunday.........

Attachments

#6 ·
I used to buy components from them at local gun shows here in Augusta, GA, but lately they haven't been coming. I believe this has to do mostly with heavy demand for their products and the need to satisfy that demand.

I've always found their products to be of high quality, good value and reasonably priced. I still have a box of 500 9mm hard cast bullets I bought a few years ago. The price is still there on the label ... $12.00.

I've never heard of any complaints but I'm confident they would work with you to your satisfaction if you had a problem.

#7 ·
Good quality control in the production of their ammo. Canned heat uses either once-fired brass or new brass. I have used them in the past for both .45acp and 9mm ammo (FMJ). No problem, whatsoever. In fact, I have an order in with them now for 9mm. It was a good sign about a week ago when they started taking orders once again for 9mm. I believe this signals the beginning of the end of the ammo shortage.

Reg

#10 ·
Before I started reloading this year, pretty much all my practice ammo was GA Arms "Canned Heat", mostly .45 ACP but also 9mm and .40S&W. I can't recall any misfires in 5k or so rounds, and it didn't seem any dirtier to me that any of the cheap practice ammo (like S&B, WWB, CCI, Magtech...) that I used previously.

Also, every time somebody posted a price on cheap Wally-World ammo around here, it generally seemed that 500 rounds of "Canned Heat" plus twenty bucks shipping worked out to be no more than that.

If I weren't reloading now, they'd still be my ammo of choice.

#11 ·
Over the years, there have been a few reports of bullet setback, but I never experienced, myself, and the 357SIG is a round that suffers from bullet setback issues. I've used their Canned Heat for practice and I tried their JHP's (Gold Dot bullets). Very competitive pricing for 357SIG vs 9mm and other calibers.

#14 ·
I've had some bullet setback with the 185gr .45ACP but they swapped it out for me as soon as I made them aware of it. Customer service seems to be a priority with them,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.