Georgia Arms...Your Thoughts???

This is a discussion on Georgia Arms...Your Thoughts??? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is everyone's experience with Georgia Arms ammo. I know some people that swear by it but I personally have never used it. I was ...

Thread: Georgia Arms...Your Thoughts???

Georgia Arms...Your Thoughts???

What is everyone's experience with Georgia Arms ammo. I know some people that swear by it but I personally have never used it. I was going to get some at the Winston-Salem gun show this past weekend but they weren't there.

I'm considering "biting the bullet" (no pun intended...okay yes there was) and buying several thousand rounds on backorder (6-7 weeks) and just waiting for it to come in. Is it worth it?

Thanks!
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

2. Remove Ads

Not surprising that you missed them as they were at the Miami Dade County Gun Show this weekend. Personal experience is that they are nice folks, willing to answer questions without any hard sell or other attitudes that you sometimes run into.

Have purchased and used their ammo with no issues. Relatives have also stopped by their brick and mortar in Georgia and purchased over the counter. As with any customer / vendor transaction, YMMV, but we are comfortable with them and will continue to do business with them.

Standard disclaimer, I/we are not related to them and have no affiliation with them other than as mentioned above. Just noting our good experiences with them and have no problems recommending them.
    Last edited by LR88; May 25th, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: disclaimer revision

They recently were here in Orlando,Fl I purchased 500 rds 115gr 9mm Canned Heat as they call it they shot off great a lil dirty but who cares i can clean it will be doing bussiness with them again.
    $125=500rds not to bad a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    They recently were here in Orlando,Fl I purchased 500 rds 115gr 9mm Canned Heat as they call it they shot off great a lil dirty but who cares i can clean it will be doing bussiness with them again.
    $125=500rds not to bad a deal.
    Canned Heat is bulk packaging in an ammo can, correct?
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

VIP Member
    I use Ga. Arms stuff a LOT!

If you need .45acp however, you need to get to the show early the first day! If you don't....it'll be gone. (people like me buy it all!)

They usually have .40 & 9mm until Sunday.........
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I used to buy components from them at local gun shows here in Augusta, GA, but lately they haven't been coming. I believe this has to do mostly with heavy demand for their products and the need to satisfy that demand.

I've always found their products to be of high quality, good value and reasonably priced. I still have a box of 500 9mm hard cast bullets I bought a few years ago. The price is still there on the label ... $12.00.

I've never heard of any complaints but I'm confident they would work with you to your satisfaction if you had a problem.
    10mm; when you care enough to send the very best.

Good quality control in the production of their ammo. Canned heat uses either once-fired brass or new brass. I have used them in the past for both .45acp and 9mm ammo (FMJ). No problem, whatsoever. In fact, I have an order in with them now for 9mm. It was a good sign about a week ago when they started taking orders once again for 9mm. I believe this signals the beginning of the end of the ammo shortage.

Reg

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    Canned Heat is bulk packaging in an ammo can, correct?
    Yes Sir!!!!

They're reloads, dirty powder and I've had a couple not fit in the revolver, otherwise just fine.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Before I started reloading this year, pretty much all my practice ammo was GA Arms "Canned Heat", mostly .45 ACP but also 9mm and .40S&W. I can't recall any misfires in 5k or so rounds, and it didn't seem any dirtier to me that any of the cheap practice ammo (like S&B, WWB, CCI, Magtech...) that I used previously.

Also, every time somebody posted a price on cheap Wally-World ammo around here, it generally seemed that 500 rounds of "Canned Heat" plus twenty bucks shipping worked out to be no more than that.

If I weren't reloading now, they'd still be my ammo of choice.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Over the years, there have been a few reports of bullet setback, but I never experienced, myself, and the 357SIG is a round that suffers from bullet setback issues. I've used their Canned Heat for practice and I tried their JHP's (Gold Dot bullets). Very competitive pricing for 357SIG vs 9mm and other calibers.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I bought 500 rounds of .40 last year. 4 of them didn't fire.

Bought 50 124gr +p GOLD DOTS & 18.50 6 mont ago Great stuff
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I've had some bullet setback with the 185gr .45ACP but they swapped it out for me as soon as I made them aware of it. Customer service seems to be a priority with them,
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

My latest order is looking like 12 - 14 weeks, well past the mentioned lead time. It's not a problem since I have ammo but something to bear in mind if you have a timeline. Otherwise, the product is just fine.

Links