Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!!

This is a discussion on Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i've noticed both Dick's and Wally have had ammo the few times I have been there over the course of a month...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!!

i've noticed both Dick's and Wally have had ammo the few times I have been there over the course of a month

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Charlotte, Concord, and Lincolnton NC Wallys are still bare as well! :(

Hey, let me ask you guy, you would know -- for 9mm just plain old 115 gr FMJ target rounds, is $15 for a box of 50 ($.30 per round) a pretty good price? I just found 1000 rounds NOT AT WW and I'm thinking I should jump on it. Yes? No?
    Did you call Lincolnton or go by there? I just got my ration of 600 rds of 9mm Winchester for $20/100 rds. there yesterday. The lady at the counter said she had quite a bit left.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

My Walmart was out as was the Gander Mountain 40 miles away..Not a happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    It's attitudes like yours that Obama and the government like. Not willing to "stand guard". Open your eyes, read the news, pay attention! They will take our rights little by little, they always have.

Yep.

I'll check again today but as of yesterday this "good news" sure wasn't reflected around here yet. The Wal. that used to have huge quantities of ammo had nothing but 2 boxes each of .25 and .32 yesterday.

I've been to 3 WMs in FL in the last week.

Zip.

sspargo, Glad you have ammo.
    Sorry to be such a party pooper, but I'll wait to have proof the shortage is over, not just take your opinion, if that's okay with you.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    It's attitudes like yours that Obama and the government like. Not willing to "stand guard". Open your eyes, read the news, pay attention! They will take our rights little by little, they always have.
    15 years ago Michigan wasn't a "shall issue" state. Gun rights seem to be improving around here.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    After reading this thread this morning, I decided to take a drive to the local Walmart and see if they had any ammo. They did--2, like two only, boxes of Winchester white box .45ACP. However, they wanted $28+change per box (50 round boxes)! I respectfully said no thanks! On 5/15 I bought the one box of Winchester white box .45ACP they had just received in stock for $12.47 (along with 4 boxes of .40S&W for the same price). That is more than a 225% price increase in 2 weeks. After I got back home, it dawned on me that I should have asked her to scan the price to double check it. I am hoping that they just put it on the wrong shelf in the wrong spot. I'll have to check back in a day or two.
    My guess is the wrong shelf. $28 is about what they sell the 100 round boxes of WWB .45 ACP for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Charlotte, Concord, and Lincolnton NC Wallys are still bare as well! :(

Hey, let me ask you guy, you would know -- for 9mm just plain old 115 gr FMJ target rounds, is $15 for a box of 50 ($.30 per round) a pretty good price? I just found 1000 rounds NOT AT WW and I'm thinking I should jump on it. Yes? No?
    Bunny, I just ordered a bulk pack from Bass Pro for $.26 per round, including shipping. Pretty decent price IMO.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...cmCat=10007730

If the ammo shortage is over, then someone needs to tell the Wal-Mart around here, because they still don't have any handgun ammo. I was at the one near my house a few days back and they did have .45 acp, but that was it.

The one on the other side of the county has zero handgun ammo. I was in there last night.

Went to HomeDepot today and Dick's is next door, so I stopped in there. Things seem a bit better. They had the Yellow value packs of 250 rnds of .223, some 7.62x39, bulk packs of .308, and .45 acp. (I can't recall for sure how many were in the box, but I think the .45acp was boxes of 200 for $69.99. I do remember the price. Wow.)

Other than that, they had no handgun ammo on the shelf.

The ammo shortage is over at my house though, because (well I never really had one), I've been reloading a lot. Just loaded another 50 38spl last night.

I'll be lgad when I can get more supplies though, because I have .223 bullets on backorder since April and I'm still waiting. The .308 bullets I want are out of stock, both types. I'm down to 5 or 6 hundred of each type of primers for rifle and handgun, which will last me quite a while, but I can't get bullets. (not the ones I want anyway)

I hope things are catching up, but it's hard to believe when I check my "wishlist" at Cabelas site and 13 out of the 15 things on it are out of stock. (mostly stuff for reloading)
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member
    Here, in Nashville, WW has 300-round-maximum-per-purchase (they'll never remember this grey man) .40 180gr for $12.47 / 50. Another WM was selling 100-round max last weekend. But a third didn't state a limit. At least one store was selling the 100-round Winchester .45 for $36.97.
    Bass Pro has 250-round box of .40 at $75, but is high on 250-round .45 at $95 or 100-round at $39 and 50-round Winchester HP at $26. They are selling 50 rounds of .357-Sig for $23, but WM had Winchesters is seems for less.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

My ww had 9mm /.40 /.45 plenty no price hike BB $9.47 WW 100rnd $20.98 & rem 100rnd jhp $ 22.99 All price quotes 9mm
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    The ammo wave has not hit Colorado yet, we must be too far above sea level.
    Ya'll are getting restocked, but it's loose and not boxed. It's all rolling down hill.

I just got 4 boxes of 50 of LE Speer GD's for my .380 this past Monday for a song, and another 500 FMJ's from GA Arms on Wednesday.

Plenty of SD and Range ammo in 9 and 40 are in the safe.

The only thing I'm still waiting on for 6 weeks now are Rem. G. Sabers for the LCP from Cabella's. They keep bumping out the ETA.

I do think the dust is finally settling though.

Now we just have to wait to see if the Zombies attack.

Dirty

Walmart ammo

I was at Cattlemen Road WM in Sarasota, FL today. They had nothing at all. I was told that they actually had some WWB .380 two weeks ago. I got lucky 5 weeks ago and picked up two bulk boxes of Rem Golden Bullet .22's
    They have a two box limit per caliber and total 6 boxes max.Buster342

I'll believe it when I see it.
    I believe we have quite a wait for that reality to set in...OMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links