Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!!

This is a discussion on Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been to four different Wally Worlds within the past week and ALL are getting, having and KEEPING ammo in stock. The ammo shortage is ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!!

Thumbs up Urgent: Don't Waste Your Money!!! Ammo Supplies Back Online!!!

I've been to four different Wally Worlds within the past week and ALL are getting, having and KEEPING ammo in stock. The ammo shortage is over! If folks can hold out just a little longer for the replenishment to take effect nationwide you will save A LOT of money.

The folks at Walmart (employees that I've personally spoken with) have said that all of the stores are starting to get "tons of ammo" now so apparently the supply/demand has equalized and is settling out.

I read somewhere (I'll try to find/cite reference) that Walmart was previously not replenishing their supply until they could better determine what the Obama administration was going to do regarding the sale of firearms and ammunition or for at least six months. If that is correct and my suspicion is that it is true, the timing would make perfect sense except that they ordered a month earlier than anticipated.

Here's something to ponder; why hasn't Wally World had a price increase on ammo? Could it be that the major manufacturers haven't seen the increase in demand because Walmart (possibly the largest retail ammo outlet in the US) was not purchasing? Wouldn't the laws of supply and demand affect prices all the way up the supply chain? If it did, then WW would HAVE to increase their prices on new shipments of ammo.

On the other hand, if you are determined that you are still going to pay crazy, exorbitant prices for ammunition, please contact me and I'll be glad to go to my local Walmart, purchase the ammo at regular prices and then mark it up 2-4 times and ship it to you!!!
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

2. Remove Ads

OK but I hate Walmart and I am getting annoyed with going in there 3-4 days a week to be rejected..How do you know when they are getting the ammo in?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    OK but I hate Walmart and I am getting annoyed with going in there 3-4 days a week to be rejected..How do you know when they are getting the ammo in?
    In the past, I would just ask them. They usually tell me when they expect a shipment. More recently, I haven't had to ask, its already there in the ammo case.

My personal experience is that if I speak with an older associate that actually cares about their job, I get a much more accurate estimate. The younger people tend to be there after school or as a second job typically don't care if you buy anything or not.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

VIP Member
    Hope your right, keeping my fingers crossed.

VIP Member
    Personally, I'm not holding my breath. This could just be the beginning of the second wave of hoarding/stock-piling.

If I am wrong, well that is just great.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    I've been to four different Wally Worlds within the past week and ALL are getting, having and KEEPING ammo in stock. The ammo shortage is over! If folks can hold out just a little longer for the replenishment to take effect nationwide you will save A LOT of money.
    The ammo shortage in NOT over. Simply because your regional area WM receives regular ammo shipments doesn't mean that it's a nationwide occurrence.

The folks at Walmart (employees that I've personally spoken with) have said that all of the stores are starting to get "tons of ammo" now so apparently the supply/demand has equalized and is settling out.
    Unless the "folks" you're referring to are from Corporate then take it with a grain of salt.

I sure hope you're right. No disrespect, but I don't know what part of NC you're in but here in the Asheville area the Walmart shelves are still bare and my 7 a.m. checks are coming up with nothing. Also I've been waiting on 9mm from Georgia Arms for 8 weeks because they can't get primers.

Not so fast

Quote Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
    Hope your are right. This thing had gotten way out of hand. Stock piling ammo for what, the revolution everybody said was coming when Obama took office and sent the storm troopers the confiscate our weapons. Didn't happen and will never happen so everbody relax and leave some ammo for us that just what to pratice at the range, not stand guard.
    It's attitudes like yours that Obama and the government like. Not willing to "stand guard". Open your eyes, read the news, pay attention! They will take our rights little by little, they always have.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    The ammo wave has not hit Colorado yet, we must be too far above sea level.

In Oregon, ammo is still a bit rare. At least, at the dozen places I've visited in the past ~3wks within ~100mi of Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
    This thing had gotten way out of hand. Stock piling ammo for what ...
    A group holding the reins of power who are willing to disarm an entire People is capable of doing anything. Many see that. Many refuse to, on principle.

Doesn't mean that everyone sees armed revolt/revolution coming. Doesn't even mean that half the country is stockpiling. I'll grant that when supplies are stretched thin by six years of multiple wars and a harsh economy, any little thing (such as ramped-up purchasing by millions) will tip the scale. That's what has happened. And, that'll be corrected in the coming months as the supply/demand equation rebalances things.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Talked to a guy at my favorite gun store and he indicated that things look like they are improving slowly.

He said that they have been getting shipments about every three weeks but now occassionally they will get a few weekly shipments.

The shortage is by no means over and the next political scare can send things right back into chaos.

But I am hopeful.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

There has been ammo here in NY for weeks now. The shortage must be a regional thing at this point.

I would do anything for about 500 rounds of 9mm and another 100 of .380

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    I would do anything for about 500 rounds of 9mm and another 100 of .380
    I'll send you some, but it will cost you dearly. Momma wants a new Mustang GT, and the kid needs more in his college fund.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links