Expanded "Ballistics By The Inch" site up.

This is a discussion on Expanded "Ballistics By The Inch" site up. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, six months after we first went online with Ballistics By The Inch , and after over 770,000 hits, last night we uploaded a revamped ...

Well, six months after we first went online with Ballistics By The Inch, and after over 770,000 hits, last night we uploaded a revamped & expanded site.

Included are chop tests for three new calibers: .327 Mag, .41 Mag and 10mm. But probably more interesting to most people is a greatly expanded selection (over 40!) of 'real world' guns in the other 13 calibers we had tested previously, including 13 different carbine-length guns. And we've added some 150 new graphs showing the performance of these real world guns with each different ammo tested.

Check it out, spread the word - I only post on a half-dozen forums, so I would appreciate help in getting the word out.

Cheers to all!

Jim D.

Ballistics by the inch: "Four guys, two chronographs, and 8,500 rounds of ammo."

Like Science Fiction? Read *or listen to* my novel, Communion of Dreams, for free.

Very nice. Appreciate all the good info.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Thanks for the site and all of your work. I know it must be expensive to do these tests but should you ever decide to do more, I'd really like to see you do 22LR and 22 Mag. I've seen a lot of discussion about how these are primarily rifle rounds and to use them in a pistol greatly reduces their efficiency.

Again, thanks for all of your hard work.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Hoss, believe me, I wish we had all the time and money to do a full range of rimfire and rifle tests!

Anyway, Ammoland.com has just posted a new article about the project.

Jim D.

Ballistics by the inch: "Four guys, two chronographs, and 8,500 rounds of ammo."

Like Science Fiction? Read *or listen to* my novel, Communion of Dreams, for free.

Wow, great compilation of info. And it's info that was greatly needed by the general public IMO.

Of what I have read thus far, the most shocking to me is the .357 Mag. 130gr, hydrashok, low recoil round in the Win 94 AE with 16" barrel. (one of my favorite guns)

Over 2000 fps. That's pretty much 30-30 velocity right there folks. (at least at the muzzle anyway) I never woulda thunk it.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Good lord. That looks like a lot of work. Thanks for doing that all - great resource!

sgtD: I have always like the .357 Mag for the many options that it provides - such a versatile cartridge! .44 Mag comes close, as well, but the .357 is so sweet . . .

dnowell, yeah, a lot of work. A LOT of work. I didn't think I would ever get sick of shooting guns, but about the fourth day into any of the sequences of tests and I would really start to dread it. Just goes to show that anything can become drudgery if you do it too much.

Jim D.

Great resource. Thank you for the time, effort and money it must have taken.
    Be prepared

Wow! Excellent work!

Links