The Sky is not falling? - Page 2

The Sky is not falling?

This is a discussion on The Sky is not falling? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 86thecat Well wjh, Thanks for straightening me out. I, along with almost all of the shooting community, had concerns that the extreme ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sky is not falling?

Quote Originally Posted by 86thecat View Post
    Well wjh,
    Thanks for straightening me out. I, along with almost all of the shooting community, had concerns that the extreme left now in power would use their control of congress to push through the gun control measures they have openly proposed and promised. It's nice to know my fears of legislation requiring microstamping of brass, serialized bullets, limited shelf life primers, permits to purchase ammunition and firearms, limits on quantity of firearm and ammunition purchases, outlawing of lead bullets, outlawing of ammunition that can penetrate a vest, outlawing of assault weapons, outlawing of full capacity magazines, increased taxes on reloading components, increased taxes on ammunition, etc, etc, etc, are completely unfounded. Just as the fears of shooters in California, New Jersey, New York City, Chicago, Detroit, DC, England, Australia, Canada and many others were completely unfounded.

My crystal ball says the fat lady hasn't sang yet.

LOL That was great!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Was at Bass Pro today they had a lot of long gun ammo, both rifle and shotgun, but very little handgun. I was able to get some .38 spcl, they did have some 40 s&w, but I passed because I was closer to being out of the .38's. One of the local gun shops is trying to get almost &40.00 for PMC bronze in .357 magnum, which I had purchased at another local shop for $25.00, very uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by 86thecat View Post
    Well wjh,
    Thanks for straightening me out. I, along with almost all of the shooting community, had concerns that the extreme left now in power would use their control of congress to push through the gun control measures they have openly proposed and promised. It's nice to know my fears of legislation requiring microstamping of brass, serialized bullets, limited shelf life primers, permits to purchase ammunition and firearms, limits on quantity of firearm and ammunition purchases, outlawing of lead bullets, outlawing of ammunition that can penetrate a vest, outlawing of assault weapons, outlawing of full capacity magazines, increased taxes on reloading components, increased taxes on ammunition, etc, etc, etc, are completely unfounded. Just as the fears of shooters in California, New Jersey, New York City, Chicago, Detroit, DC, England, Australia, Canada and many others were completely unfounded.

Oh, and Heller was 5-4. One vote from going down the toilet.

My crystal ball says the fat lady hasn't sang yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    LOL That was great!
    +1

The Sky is not falling?
    The sky never was.

It was (and continues to be) merely a conjunction of forces involving perception, reality and demand/supply mechanics.

The threat from an abusive governmental tide of ignorance via laws that reduce availability is still there. So long as illegally-minded congress rats still breathe their foul air of deceiving the People and going against the Constitution, we'll have this threat.

The high prices are still there.

The wars are still raging.

Those that find they're "low" (by their standards) will still see that; and those that find they're "full" will now see that.

The simplest way to gauge the level of the problem is to look at the overall prices. Generally speaking, average prices seem to be 2-4x higher than 18mos ago, with some exceptions. That pretty much says it, right there. Until general availability is high and prices have stabilized (at whatever level), it's hard to say it's over.

In the long run, I agree with many who suspect we are likely just seeing the tip of the iceberg.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I was unable to find anything but shotgun ammo at Wal Mart, Big 5, and a gun shop today. I just wanted to plink a little. It was completely dry...not even able to pay high prices for it. We did find a box of 7mm Mag for $3 per round...lol
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Unhappy OK if the sky is not falling I need some help

Hi
    New to the site which I feel is excellent especially for somoeone who is learning and wants to be safe and well trained.

I have picked up a 2.5inch Taurus Judge and have be amazed at the complete lack of 45 Caliber ammunition available in town or on the web.

Whether or not this is an excellent defensive gun is another discussion, but without good defesive ammo it is not very effective.

I would like to know what the best ammo would be and where it is available.
    Present I have only .410 8 Buckshot
    Would like to get the new Federal Defensive 000 buckshot and 45 Caliber.

Many thanks for the warm welcome

walmart here

Well the local Walmart here has had a few boxes of 357 Sig, and gust added a couple of boxes of 357 magnum. Both Winchester white box. Last night they also had two boxes of 9mm in a different brand, either Blazer or something else, I can't remember, and no I can't look at the box cause I didn't buy it, I don't have a 9mm Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I just returned from my local gun shop and discovered it was filled with inventory, including lots of premium ammo! I guess the fear is subsiding a little or perhaps everyone is broke and canít afford the current prices.
    Regards,
    That will change soon. Obama is going to make all of us rich, haven't you heard? Hear it here:

Obama's going to make all of us rich! MyNorthwest.com

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    That will change soon. Obama is going to make all of us rich, haven't you heard? Hear it here:

Obama's going to make all of us rich! MyNorthwest.com
    She was utterly unintelligible. Something about a car, and "$1K or $2K into it," and an implication we're gonna get rich this year because we have his majesty.

And people wonder why things are as they are.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links