The Sky is not falling?

This is a discussion on The Sky is not falling? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just returned from my local gun shop and discovered it was filled with inventory, including lots of premium ammo! I guess the fear is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sky is not falling?

VIP Member

The Sky is not falling?

I just returned from my local gun shop and discovered it was filled with inventory, including lots of premium ammo! I guess the fear is subsiding a little or perhaps everyone is broke and can’t afford the current prices.
    Regards,
    Attached Images
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

2. Remove Ads

I just bought some .380 at my gun shop, she didn't have much, but she (the owner) always saves me whatever I looking for...still not a lot on the shelves around here.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Im hoping for the best when i get home to OK in a couple weeks. Im really low on .380 acp
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

VIP Member
    My local shop has premium SD ammo. It's the cheaper practice ammo you can't find around here.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to walk into my local Wal-Mart and see a few boxes of .380, 9mm, .357Mag, .40S&W, and .45ACP. Not a lot of each, but it's been a long time since they had that much, let alone at once. I haven't seen any .45 ball for months other than the outrageously priced stuff at the gun shops.

And no...I did not buy all of it. I only bought the box of .357Mag and two boxes of .45ACP. I left the rest alone.
    "I play for keeps."

Yep, it also seems to be that the crisis is at least somewhat better here too. But, with all that continues to happen almost daily (read Fox & WND), it is only a matter of time until round two. Just my .02 cents.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

VIP Member
    Believe me, I was very tempted to bag a few boxes of ammo and place a Seacamp on lay-away. Still, I’m dropping my P7 off at Robar on the very day my Italian girlfriend arrives from Italy. As such, that sorta kills my discretionary funds for a while.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I just returned from my local gun shop and discovered it was filled with inventory, including lots of premium ammo! I guess the fear is subsiding a little or perhaps everyone is broke and can’t afford the current prices.
    Regards,
    That just can't be true. According to the press, all of the guns and ammo in Arizona are sent down to Mexico!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoff View Post
    ...I haven't seen any .45 ball for months other than the outrageously priced stuff at the gun shops...
    In their defense, I had a nice chat with the owner of a local gun shop: he wants to have SOME ammo on hand, but his supply lines have dried up to the point that he has to buy it at full retail over the 'net to get any, and he wants to make a few bucks over what he pays for it. Seems reasonable to me.

Not to say some haven't done some gouging, but this guy was honestly upset that he couldn't help me out.

You can't get anything at WalMart around here because a local dealer has a girl hired to go to every WalMart in a 50 mile radius and buy ammo..everyday...it is very frustrating...Robbie

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Saber, I'm glad to hear it. There ave been others who have seen ammo returning to the shelves. The on line stores where I tend to shop (usually in case quantities), still haven't caught up. Hopefully, the supplies will just continue to improve. And hopefully I'll find a job soon so that I can take advantage of it.

Which store because the ones I've been too around Phoenix are all having problems?
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Gen George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    You can't get anything at WalMart around here because a local dealer has a girl hired to go to every WalMart in a 50 mile radius and buy ammo..everyday...it is very frustrating...Robbie
    I thought there was a company wide 6 box limit.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Still can't find .38 special ammo at WM. I did get 4 boxes at Outpost, but even that source may dry up. I have been shooting a lot of Remington .22, which I normally don't use! Federal and Winchester (ammo of choice) have dried up. I am tired of hearing that it is government's fault. It is just plain old greed mixed with unsubstantiated fears, same thing that got us into all the problems we have now. Rush Limbaugh and his neo-Nazi crowd did more to hurt us than Obama or Nancy Pelosi ever could.

(No, I am not a Democrat, I just walk around with my eyes and ears open!)
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Well wjh,
    Thanks for straightening me out. I, along with almost all of the shooting community, had concerns that the extreme left now in power would use their control of congress to push through the gun control measures they have openly proposed and promised. It's nice to know my fears of legislation requiring microstamping of brass, serialized bullets, limited shelf life primers, permits to purchase ammunition and firearms, limits on quantity of firearm and ammunition purchases, outlawing of lead bullets, outlawing of ammunition that can penetrate a vest, outlawing of assault weapons, outlawing of full capacity magazines, increased taxes on reloading components, increased taxes on ammunition, etc, etc, etc, are completely unfounded. Just as the fears of shooters in California, New Jersey, New York City, Chicago, Detroit, DC, England, Australia, Canada and many others were completely unfounded.

Oh, and Heller was 5-4. One vote from going down the toilet.

My crystal ball says the fat lady hasn't sang yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links