WW last night. Near empty shelves. 2 boxes of .32 and 7.62. That's it.

This is a discussion on WW last night. Near empty shelves. 2 boxes of .32 and 7.62. That's it. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is getting depressing. The clerk said the shelves have looked like that since Christmas. He gets one to two boxes per month and they ...

It is getting depressing. The clerk said the shelves have looked like that since Christmas. He gets one to two boxes per month and they are gone within a day. While I was there, a guy bought the two boxes of .32 ACP, so all that was left on the shelf was 7.62 ammo. So sad. The clerk told me to go buy an SKS or an AK if I want to shoot, lol. Hell, the local gun shop here has two AK's at $699 each. It is almost tempting. The same shop has a decent amount of ammo, but not priced to amazingly. This whole situation just sucks.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

Today at one of the Wal-Marts in Fayetteville they had 20 boxes of 9MM ammo.

Too bad I need 40 S&W.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member
    Ammo availability is slowly beginning to look up. Still spotty in some area and on different caliber. There is more 9mm, .40 and .45 than there was this time last month. It seems the only thing that has not started to make a recovery yet is .380.

I got a box of .223 Remington at Walmart last week, 50 rounds for $25.97
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Ammo availability is slowly beginning to look up. Still spotty in some area and on different caliber. There is more 9mm, .40 and .45 than there was this time last month. It seems the only thing that has not started to make a recovery yet is .380.
    Archer, Where at brother? I need .40 and will travel some what into VA if necessary.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I started buying last year when Obama beat Hillary, his record is clear and sooner or later he is going to start on us.

VIP Member
    I got them at one of the Walmarts here in Richmond. Bought 2 Bulk packs of WWB. At the time they still had about 6 boxes left. Unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy more. Haven't been back since then so not sure what their status is now.

looking up??

In Minnesota at least where I live it has gotten a little better. For a long time could not get 100 WWB but the last two weeks that has even shown up. With the price they charge hard to turn down. Have had some Blazer brass too. Don't know, maybe the corner is turned. They still have a limit so no one person can come in and buy out the entire stock like a few months ago.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

My Wal Marts here have been coming through lately. I picked up two boxes of WWB 100ct 9mm today (called first), and they also had some Blazer Brass in 40 S&W. Yesterday I hit a further away WM and picked up two boxes of Federal 115gr 9mm 50ct boxes. Weird though...each WM has a different policy on box limits. Some say limit two boxes of each caliber, and one says limit six boxes per customer. Don't see any 22lr ammo in any of them lately though.

Yesterday at my local WW they had pretty much everything in stock except 9mm (which is what I was looking for! ) They even had 380!

I found that early morning is the best time, just call ahead and see what they got. Even then by the time I get there it's a crap shoot if they have any left. Last week I called and they had 4 boxes of WWB 100ct and 20 boxes of Blazer Brass in 9mm. By the time I got there (again 20min later) all they had was 7 boxes of Blazer. I bought my 6 box limit for 8.97 each and called it a good day!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Local WW had .380, 9mm, .357(mag and sig) and .40s&w, no .38spcl or .45acp, limit two boxes per caliber.
    Semper Fi

Links