Need your help...

This is a discussion on Need your help... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am having a crazy hard time finding some Hornady T.A.P ammo with the black Nickle cases. Im looking for 200 or 230gr. 45acp rounds. ...

Thread: Need your help...

Need your help...

I am having a crazy hard time finding some Hornady T.A.P ammo with the black Nickle cases. Im looking for 200 or 230gr. 45acp rounds. Im calling on you guys to give me a hand. Do any of you have A local gun shop or ammo dealer that has any instock? Im looking to pick up about 2-3 boxes of 20. I would gladly pay you for your time and shipping costs as well as the exact price of the bullets. Here in oregon we dont have sales tax so that helps but I CANT seem to get any. the guy i go through at Lost Creek Armory here in town said he has a case on order but its been over a month and still nothing... Going directly through hornady could pose the same problem. pluss they want 17.50 per 20!!!!

SO any help would be Great!!!!
    Let me know!
    Gregg
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

2. Remove Ads

I just got off the phone with Hornady and they said they are having problems with their coaters, the people coating the brass are really getting behind. So they are going to fill the distributor orders first then the individual orders last. So if no one sees these bullets in the retail stores near them thats probubly why.

But i doubt anyone cares.... funny.... If p95carry, or bruce, or someone popular posted this there would be 30 replys by now!

Wonder if i did or said something wrong???
    I carry because I care.
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

They may have not seen the post yet. Ive had the same thing from time to time. Ive also been looking for the TAP-FPD in 9mm but having a hard time locating some also. Most of my dealers just seem to have 223 but not pistol calibers yet. Goo luck in your quest. Sixgun

Assistant Administrator
    Wonder if I did or said something wrong???
    Haha - fear not - nothing wrong LOL!

I did actually see the original post originally while browsing but having no answer was gonna return to it! I haven't been ammo buying of late so am not really up to speed on it
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

9mm TAP is available ---- 45 is running over 5 months late, last I heard was mid-April.

Ahhh ok.... yeah the hornady "peeps" diddnt sound to optamistic about the 45 being out soon so ill just wait till they get some out in retail stores.. for now i really like the tests i did on the speer gold dots... I kinda wish Winchester Rangers werent so hard to get ahold of eigther.
    I carry because I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelicious
    ... for now i really like the tests i did on the speer gold dots... I kinda wish Winchester Rangers werent so hard to get ahold of eigther.
    You can't go wrong with either the Gold Dots or the Rangers-T's. Both are very reliable and very consistent performers.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Lead Moderator
    wil check around here. need to buy some target ammo anyway.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I ordered 500 rounds of Hornandy TAP FPD .45 auto from Hornandy online about two months ago. As pointed out above, the company who coats the shells is way behind. Kathy, the rep from Hornandy, told me they expect to ship my order sometime in mid-April.

All ammo dealers in this area (Mobile Alabama) have been out of this ammo for months.

Links