Walmart bashing again!

This is a discussion on Walmart bashing again! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What time do they STOP selling it at night ? Do they announce LAST CALL FOR AMMO IN ISLE NINE ? Sounds like some old ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart bashing again!

What time do they STOP selling it at night ? Do they announce LAST CALL FOR AMMO IN ISLE NINE ? Sounds like some old blue law.

bosco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    What time do they STOP selling it at night ? Do they announce LAST CALL FOR AMMO IN ISLE NINE ? Sounds like some old blue law.

bosco
    Its not a law its a company policy. Stop serving ammo at 10pm. I think its more to protect the company as the night crew usually are the ones who stock shelves and sniff glue. (Watch just because of that comment I'll get a job offer from WW to stock shelves at night now)
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    a very old (55ish)
    55ish, very old? Take that from a very youngish 58 year old!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

At the walmart here they sale it from 7 in the morning till 10 at night. I work second shift and get off at 3am. If they have it i come back at 7 to get some. If not it will be gone.

Walmart bashing again!
    Sometimes they make it so easy, and sometimes they deserve a bashing.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Never heard that one. sounds pretty funny though

Funny, back in Nov or Dec I went to a WM here in Manchester MO on a lunch break at 2:30 am and bought 1k rounds of 9mm and 300 of .38 and a couple boxes of .40.

I went to WM this week the first day got my 6 box limit at 6:30am and the next morning a clerk says state law, 7am. I told him how much I bought at the other and his eyes about popped out. The real clerk sold the ammo at 6:45.

I think it depends on the clerk and their liking of their job.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    No,had to go to work,millions on welfare are depending on me!

News Flash: It's tens of millions now, soon to be more than half the nation after the messiah gets done with us.

Back on topic, wonder what time they stop selling ammo midnight?
    Must be one of those common sense rules that keep the Bangers from shooting each other.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Here in Las Vegas, Nevada I have noticed that there's a policy of selling ammo from 7:00AM thru 10:00PM. This seems to be the policy at most if not all the local WM's here in the Vegas area.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    May depend on where you live......

if i remember right one of the walmarts here has a sign saying something about not selling ammo after such and such time. i believe its the one i go to but i've yet to have a problem. i can go anytime and if there's ammo buy it. the other one doesn't even sell guns or ammo and another one there is no one in the sporting goods department after a certain time so if they sell ammo after that time i wouldn't know. haven't been there "after hours" and found ammo to test that yet

Calling in the 4473 information might be time restricted in some locations. That makes sense as well.

Again, that stuff is all local. I'm unaware of a company policy regulating the sale of ammo to a certain time, unless local law calls for it.

If a store simply does not trust a certain shift to do it appropriately, then this can pop up as a simpler solution than to actually train their Assocaites.

I still love it when they ask me is my 45acp ammo for a handgun... I typically say , "Of course". I know there are a few acp long guns, but I'm quite certain none of the people asking me this have ever heard of any of them.

Keep in mind, WalMart is a General Store. We are not a gun store. A specialty store will always be a little ahead of us on the details. BTW, the gun store closed at 7...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

This sounds more like an employee problem then a store problem.I've always had good luck at Walmart.The guy that you talked to seems to have an attitude problem. I hate running into store employees like this.

I work second shift and get off around midnight. I have made several ammo purchases at my local wally between midnight and 1. I went in around lunchtime a couple of days ago and picked up a couple of boxes of 9mm and was told of the new 7am policy. I'll have to try a 1am buy and see what they tell me.

Elvis

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nope i can buy ammo 24/7 at wal mart
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links