Is the ammo shortage contrived?

This is a discussion on Is the ammo shortage contrived? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Jan 2009 Alliant cutting back up to 80 in Anoka Layoffs will hit at least 70 Federal Cartridge workers because of a slackening in demand ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the ammo shortage contrived?

Is the ammo shortage contrived?

Jan 2009

Alliant cutting back up to 80 in Anoka

Layoffs will hit at least 70 Federal Cartridge workers because of a slackening in demand for ammunition...

Alliant cutting back up to 80 in Anoka

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    This doesn't jibe at all with the fact that for the past six months I haven't been able to find 9mm, 32, 357, 38, 40, 44, or 45 pistol ammo at WalMart. Something smells very, very fishy.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I've been googling this. There's debates on this going on all over the internet. One guy says his cousin works at Remington and they've been on reduced shift, but another guy interviews the CEO at Remington and he denies it. The comments are skeptical. I'm skeptical. What about some cold hard numbers from the ammo makers like Remington, like how many .380's and .38's are they making, and who's getting it? Like what happened to the imported ammo, like Wolf brand ammo from Russia?

Winchester says they're making ammo round the clock.

News and Press Releases - Winchester Ammunition

Like I've stated in previous posts, I've heard that some ammo manufacturers are actually in a bit of trouble, and that the latest increase in demand caused buy stockpiling / hoarding has not had them making giant increases to production because they can't afford to get caught when the demand drops back to norms.

Now as to what the problems are, I've been told it has something to do with increased cost of materials, cash flow, and that a number of these ammo manufacturers are owned by conglomerates engaging in entirely different businesses are strapped for funds.

Then, the conspiracy part of the tail is that this is also linked to federal bailout monies and / or something about diversified investor funding undermining loans made to automotive groups (and somehow Obama & friends are dictating when these funds / loans are repaid). Not saying I believe the conspiracy stuff, just interesting I was told by the same people that even though ammo demand was at a high, the ammo manufacturers were having trouble with loans / operating funds.

On the other hand, maybe this federal layoff happens every year (after hunting seasons) and it was actually delayed due to increased demand, but now they need to let go of the extra staff.

PS - In addition, perhaps federal can only produce some components only so fast, like primers, of casings, or can only aquire so much brass (or get the funding for so much brass). Then there is no poing in keeping on all that staff, because they are bottle necked.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Maybe it's because the manufacturers are not willing or can afford to buy the equipment necessary to produce encoded ammunition? I don't want to incite more panic here...I thought everyone knew.
    Nobody can sell ammunition after June 30, 2009 // Current

Remember how Obama said that he wasn’t going to take your guns(He Lied!!)?

Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
    Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
    Legislation

Thxs ramrod...answers a lot.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Thxs ramrod...answers a lot.
    AIIIIIIIGHHHHHH! Noooo! It doesn't answer a lot! It's a load of crap! Even on the website he linked to, they score the story down for both accuracy and relevance! Know why? Because the bills they are referring to are dead in almost every state that they were tried in. Please, don't spread this garbage. Even funnier is that even in the BS story at the site, they make it clear that these are *state* laws, which means that the encoded ammo would have only been law in those states. But none of that matters because these laws never had a chance outside of the goofball anti-gun nut states.

If the ammo manufactures are running a top speed why are they laying workers off? Something sounds fishy. Why hasn't the NRA looked into this.

I know no-one wants to hear it, but it is controlled by those above the president... It is all for the NWO.... How much gets made and how it gets made is all controlled,. Just as the media tells ya what "they" want you to hear...

All I can say is I have a close personal friend that works for Remington and He says ammo is shipping out as fast as they can produce it and load the trucks.

Prior to the election they were working 4 days a week 12 hour shift. Now they are working 24/7. They have even limited the amount of ammo that employees can purchase because the employee store is out of ammo.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Finding out the source of the ammo shortage

Some one must know whats going on with the ammo I was thinking about contacting the NRA and see if they know whats going or can get with some of the manufactures to find out why workers are being laid off. We can all guess what is happening or we can contact someone who can get to the source of the problem.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I think its a gamble now, the ammo producers think the bubble is about to burst for them. So they are now settling down, and scaling back for normal sales. They stand to lose profit, but they will still have high demand if they are wrong, and can keep the company stable and growing.

Also Current I hear....not sure on this one so do not take it as truth yet, Im still looking into it. But, Current might be a company of Al Gore, and its based in San Francisco California. So as with everything, take it with a grain of salt....
    In my case I'm buying bulk.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Maybe not current?

The OP's referenced article is from January 09 though. So maybe it's not current?

Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    All I can say is I have a close personal friend that works for Remington and He says ammo is shipping out as fast as they can produce it and load the trucks.

Prior to the election they were working 4 days a week 12 hour shift. Now they are working 24/7. They have even limited the amount of ammo that employees can purchase because the employee store is out of ammo.
    Hey doc, don't trust your friend, the lizard people have clearly got to him! He's just a dupe of the New World Order! Only they have the power to introduce crappy bills in less than half the state legislatures in the country and watch them wither and die in committee and then make your friend lie about Remington's ammo production.

Just put these special sunglasses on, you'll see the truth!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links