RBCD Ammo controversy

This is a discussion on RBCD Ammo controversy within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by shooterX This was completely unnecessary, has nothing to do whether your like the load or not, we are trying to get to ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 116
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: RBCD Ammo controversy

  1. #76
    Member Array vn6869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    So Illinois (Not Chicago!!!)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    This was completely unnecessary, has nothing to do whether your like the load or not, we are trying to get to the facts regarding this ammo.
    OK OK Your mama

    sorry couldn't resist , , ,

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #77
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,724
    Ah I do have a caveat. I am told that RBCD has a different load they sell to "civilians" than the one they sell to the military. Civilians do not have access to the military loads. So if one of you active duty guys can get your armorer or chain of command to make an "off the shelf buy" thru channels for experimentation it's something you might consider. When I was a G4 guy on active duty I did this all the time for other products, no problems. Part of getting the mission accomplished.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  4. #78
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,671
    Both the "civilian" and the "military" loads are listed on their website as "TFSP" (Total Fragmenting Soft Point). One could presume they are very similar?

    I think this analysis, referenced in the original post, really says it all.

    LeMas/RBCD Ammunition Analysis - M4Carbine.net Forums

    If you're willing to give your business to folks who "embellish" the truth, go right ahead.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

  5. #79
    Senior Member Array rhinokrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    ...the definition of "blended metal technology" and the construction of the RBCD bullet ... is a terrible deception at worst. So what?

    Trust this ammo?... The Florida LE department does. Why shouldn't we? What do we know that they don't know, or vice versa?
    two things

    First, why would a quality product need to be marketed with a blatant lie, a better approach would be "We use modern nylon technology to make our ammo faster and hard hitting".

    Second, why would a PD pick any type of ammo for issue? Two words "Lowest Bid". Plus I've yet to see any first hand knowledge of any PD using it.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

  6. #80
    Member Array bodhisattvya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR, USA
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Can you point me to where I may read up on that? (besides RBCD's website)
    Evan Marshall's 3rd book - Stopping Power

  7. #81
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,251
    Yeah I have that, not real good science there either.

    Thank you though.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

  8. #82
    Senior Member Array rhinokrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattvya View Post
    Evan Marshall's 3rd book - Stopping Power
    Marshall and Sanow are and have bought and paid for at least a decade. What the hell is 'a one shot stop'... anyway.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

  9. #83
    Member Array Texas Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    308
    "Can a fragmenting round work? Sure. Most thugs will likely stop if their arm is blown up. But...if it's a right handed motivated or drugged thug and his left arm is blown up...maybe not. Not before he kills you."

    If you look at the stats, most BGs leave when they see a gun, most of those that don't, stop if they get shot anywhere. For those that will stop when shot, RBCD is just as effective as a standard JHP. For the 1 percent really tough guys, no hand gun round is going to be immediately effective unless it goes in the brain. But it seems to me a blown up hand or arm is more likely to shock them than a less than 1/2 inch hole through their hand or arm and into their body. Moreover with RBCD, you stand a good chance of hitting the artery in that hand or arm leading to bleed out.

    Having said that I carry DPX after the first three rounds because if I have to make a head shot, I want to make sure it penetrates the skull.

    The advantage of RBCD or any light bullet is that they are less likely to ricochet off hard surfaces and will lose velocity faster so that bystanders at a distance are less likely to be hurt. I understand that RBCD doesn't fragment when going through wallboard but it seems to me a light bullet would slow down faster going through wallboard than a heavier bullet and therefor be of less danger to a son or daughter behind the wall. I haven't seen that idea tested though.

    Agree that there is no magic bullet. But different bullets may be better in different applications. Shot Placement and number is always key.

  10. #84
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,724

    Exclamation +1!

    Well said and I agree 100%

    Also I like your rationale of the DPX after a certain number of initial rounds. I may follow that logic and replace half my initial mag's capacity of 15 +1 in the tube with 6 magsafe (as usual) and go DPX with the rest.



    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Yankee View Post
    "Can a fragmenting round work? Sure. Most thugs will likely stop if their arm is blown up. But...if it's a right handed motivated or drugged thug and his left arm is blown up...maybe not. Not before he kills you."

    If you look at the stats, most BGs leave when they see a gun, most of those that don't, stop if they get shot anywhere. For those that will stop when shot, RBCD is just as effective as a standard JHP. For the 1 percent really tough guys, no hand gun round is going to be immediately effective unless it goes in the brain. But it seems to me a blown up hand or arm is more likely to shock them than a less than 1/2 inch hole through their hand or arm and into their body. Moreover with RBCD, you stand a good chance of hitting the artery in that hand or arm leading to bleed out.

    Having said that I carry DPX after the first three rounds because if I have to make a head shot, I want to make sure it penetrates the skull.

    The advantage of RBCD or any light bullet is that they are less likely to ricochet off hard surfaces and will lose velocity faster so that bystanders at a distance are less likely to be hurt. I understand that RBCD doesn't fragment when going through wallboard but it seems to me a light bullet would slow down faster going through wallboard than a heavier bullet and therefor be of less danger to a son or daughter behind the wall. I haven't seen that idea tested though.

    Agree that there is no magic bullet. But different bullets may be better in different applications. Shot Placement and number is always key.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  11. #85
    VIP Member
    Array shooterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Well said and I agree 100%

    Also I like your rationale of the DPX after a certain number of initial rounds. I may follow that logic and replace half my initial mag's capacity of 15 +1 in the tube with 6 magsafe (as usual) and go DPX with the rest.
    ExSoldier before removing these from my EDC's and my house gun, I would load one in the chamber of my XDsc, followed by the first two in the mag, the remaining 7 would be federal hydro-shoks, now would be Corbon DPX's. My revolvers would have the first two RBCD's and the remaining with nyclads (.38 spcl.) or federal 125 gr. critical defense in my s&w model 66-1.

  12. #86
    Member Array vn6869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    So Illinois (Not Chicago!!!)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    ExSoldier before removing these from my EDC's and my house gun, I would load one in the chamber of my XDsc, followed by the first two in the mag, the remaining 7 would be federal hydro-shoks, now would be Corbon DPX's. My revolvers would have the first two RBCD's and the remaining with nyclads (.38 spcl.) or federal 125 gr. critical defense in my s&w model 66-1.
    Gosh you have a whole grocery store of goodies there. Must be nice.

    9 PAGES . . . this must be a hot subject - - - I didn't realize RBCD was that popular. And I just heard about them this year, my, my where have I been?

  13. #87
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,724

    Talking POPULAR? Not quite....

    Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    9 PAGES . . . this must be a hot subject - - - I didn't realize RBCD was that popular. And I just heard about them this year, my, my where have I been?
    Actually it's NOT so popular. The majority of this thread has been the pro RBCD (in the minority) versus their detractors in the majority.

    In the end...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE... OOPS, Sorry. Wrong movie quote. What I meant to say is that IN THE END, it's all about shot placement rather than projectile configuration, caliber or brand. Right?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  14. #88
    Member Array vn6869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    So Illinois (Not Chicago!!!)
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    What I meant to say is that IN THE END, it's all about shot placement rather than projectile configuration, caliber or brand. Right?
    You are soooo right exsoldier.

  15. #89
    Member Array Texas Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    308
    ShooterX - Your proposal is exactly what I do. RBCD in the chamber and the top two rounds in the mag. The rest are Corbon DX although with my 9 mm Hipower it is more like 13 rounds in a 15 round mag. In my 9mm J Frame I use all Corbon DPX just because I trust that round better in that gun. In my Taurus 44 mag revolver, I have two rounds of Glaser Silver, just because I already had it followed by Corbon DPX.

  16. #90
    Member Array BigLaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    50
    I was messing around with a couple retired vests at the range. I shot Ranger T, Hornady Tap, and WWB in 40, 45 and 9mm. The only round that went through was the LE RBCD .40

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. RBCD ammo Platinum Plus 60gr./ or Magsafe
    By ascendmfg in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
  2. Anybody tested RBCD Ammo
    By TwoRavens in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 20th, 2012, 08:31 PM
  3. RBCD what can ya tell me???
    By ph0enix in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 17th, 2009, 10:51 PM
  4. RBCD question?
    By Redeye in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 4th, 2007, 01:04 AM

Search tags for this page

lemas ammo
,
rbcd
,

rbcd ammo

,
rbcd ammo for sale
,
rbcd ammo price
,
rbcd ammo review
,
rbcd ammunition
,
rbcd ammunition ballistics
,
rbcd ammunition for sale
,
rbcd bullets
,
rcbd ammo
,
what is rbcd ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.