RBCD Ammo controversy - Page 8

RBCD Ammo controversy

This is a discussion on RBCD Ammo controversy within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shannonsj: Welcome to the forum!...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 116 of 116
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: RBCD Ammo controversy

  1. #106
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,802
    Shannonsj: Welcome to the forum!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.


  2. #107
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,802

    RBCD

    I don't care about the naysayers. I just bought four more boxes: 2 9mm, 1 45 Colt & 1 454 Casull. As I said, the 9mm RBCD like my MagSafe is for warm weather. If I ever move where it's cooler, I'll likely swap them out in the winter for a more traditional LEO type brand like GOLD DOT or one of the Hornady family. But I'll keep RBCD on my own perceptions and that's my risk.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  3. #108
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    2,352
    Sure, if you want to support a company that made baldfaced lies about their products, knock yourself out.

    I'm sure their "ballistics tests" weren't made up either.
    rhinokrk likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  4. #109
    Member Array Curzyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Franklin County, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    140
    One thing I learned after reading through the majority of posts here is that there have been no less than two "first post" resurrections of this thread by fanatical supporters of this product. Perhaps new members shouldn't be allowed to resurrect old threads lol
    aus71383 likes this.

  5. #110
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    Yeah, well, perhaps some basic understanding of physics, and some basic unwillingness to do business with the absolute bottom of the bottom of the bottom feeders would serve us better...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  6. #111
    New Member Array tombmur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    2

    Cool I tested RBCD and others? have 2 videos

    While only six yrs in gun ownership, I take little for granted when it comes to others safety. If I do miss a criminal, I dont want to hit some one else. If the round breaks up after hitting sheet rock, more better. Now as for the 2 tests, I used coconuts for both. First one had five used, each one got a different type of round. FMJ 38Sspcl, Hollow point gold dot 357, Glasier blue 38, Mag safe 38 and RBCD 38. same gun same distance. The HP did do slightly more damage then the fmj. The other three did at least 3-4 more times damage up to and including cracking the shells apart. entrance and exit wounds were at least 1" to 2" holes. RBCD took out an 1" to 1 1/2" swath out a 1/3 of the shell. My friend with 30+ yrs as gun owner and reloader, also a ccw holder for many yrs. He was sold on these rounds for stopping power. The second test used heavy cotton sweat shirt material over the coconut, 8 layers thick. Only slightly less damage.

  7. #112
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by tombmur View Post
    While only six yrs in gun ownership, I take little for granted when it comes to others safety. If I do miss a criminal, I dont want to hit some one else. If the round breaks up after hitting sheet rock, more better. Now as for the 2 tests, I used coconuts for both. First one had five used, each one got a different type of round. FMJ 38Sspcl, Hollow point gold dot 357, Glasier blue 38, Mag safe 38 and RBCD 38. same gun same distance. The HP did do slightly more damage then the fmj. The other three did at least 3-4 more times damage up to and including cracking the shells apart. entrance and exit wounds were at least 1" to 2" holes. RBCD took out an 1" to 1 1/2" swath out a 1/3 of the shell. My friend with 30+ yrs as gun owner and reloader, also a ccw holder for many yrs. He was sold on these rounds for stopping power. The second test used heavy cotton sweat shirt material over the coconut, 8 layers thick. Only slightly less damage.
    Good to know if I'm ever attacked by coconuts, or sweatshirt wearing coconuts.

    Beyond that, I'll listen to folks who have a bit more experience in these matters, and who say that RBCD, Magsafe, et al are gimmick loads to be avoided.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  8. #113
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,802

    RBCD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Good to know if I'm ever attacked by coconuts, or sweatshirt wearing coconuts.

    Beyond that, I'll listen to folks who have a bit more experience in these matters, and who say that RBCD, Magsafe, et al are gimmick loads to be avoided.
    Well, I have a little MORE experience than the other poster and although I do realize I'm in the minority opinion on this, I carry all of the above almost exclusively here in sunny Miami, FL. Not because I think it's a "magic bullet" for stopping power or because I fret about the legendary and extremely rare thru-n-thru gunshot wounding a bystander (although that's pretty close) I really worry about the consequence of a miss. With all of the ammo being so denigrated here, if you miss, with the first inanimate object struck, the round simply powders. The RBCD also loses power very quickly beyond common defensive ranges. I'd rather risk the consequences of not blowing the guy to smithereens ~chuckle~ and making sure as much as possible, that I don't have to live with an innocent dying amid the chaos of the event. I also practice a lot more as I get older. I'm also replacing my sights (where necessary) with TFO's and adding CT laser grips, which I just love. When the green CT's come out I may upgrade to them, because they're much better in daylight. One caveat! I do this with the ammo ONLY here in South Florida where the clothing is very light almost year round. I don't think we've gotten below 40* here all winter. But I bring out the down vest when it hits 50! If I go where it's colder, I'll go back to what the PD carries. Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a neophyte either! This is just MY choice and I'm not necessarily recommending that anybody else implement it unless they also feel as I do about bystanders.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; March 19th, 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Spelling and add clarifying detail
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  9. #114
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Well, I have a little MORE experience than the other poster and although I do realize I'm in the minority opinion on this, I carry all of the above almost exclusively here in sunny Miami, FL. Not because I think it's a "magic bullet" for stopping power or because I fret about the legendary and extremely rare thru-n-thru gunshot wounding a bystander (although that's pretty close) I really worry about the consequence of a miss. With all of the ammo being so denigrated here, if you miss, with the first inanimate object struck, the round simply powders. The RBCD also loses power very quickly beyond common defensive ranges. I'd rather risk the consequences of not blowing the guy to smithereens ~chuckle~ and making sure as much as possible, that I don't have to live with an innocent dying amid the chaos of the event. I also practice a lot more as I get older. I'm also replacing my sights (where necessary) with TFO's and adding CT laser grips, which I just love. When the green CT's come out I may upgrade to them, because they're much better in daylight. One caveat! I do this with the ammo ONLY here in South Florida where the clothing is very light almost year round. I don't think we've gotten below 40* here all winter. But I bring out the down vest when it hits 50! If I go where it's colder, I'll go back to what the PD carries. Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a neophyte either! This is just MY choice and I'm not necessarily recommending that anybody else implement it unless they also feel as I do about bystanders.
    Except it doesn't.

    Look at all of the evidence presented--it's NOT a special, magical metal bullet--it's a soft lead bullet with a rubber plug in the base.

    In short, it's not going to live up to the claims RBCD made about the bullet--they lied to you.

    Feel free to carry what you wish...but at least make that decision based on solid information, not lies from a marketing department.

    ETA--pics of the bullet:

    RBCD_SEM_analysis_2.jpg

    And:

    As can be seen above, in addition to a typical copper jacket, the RBCD/LeMas bullets analyzed were fabricated with a nylon core (that gets variably squished and deformed during manufacture, resulting in inconsistent bullet CG) and metal nose portion that turns out to be composed of LEAD, with slight amounts of antimony. In other words, the RBCD/LeMas bullets are lightweight, high-velocity, lead nosed JSP’s—so much for lead-free, programmable, heat sensitive “blended metal technology”…
    Source: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19888
    Last edited by Cuda66; March 19th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    OD* likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  10. #115
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,802

    Question Did you even read my post???

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Except it doesn't.

    Look at all of the evidence presented--it's NOT a special, magical metal bullet--it's a soft lead bullet with a rubber plug in the base.

    In short, it's not going to live up to the claims RBCD made about the bullet--they lied to you.

    Feel free to carry what you wish...but at least make that decision based on solid information, not lies from a marketing department.

    ETA--pics of the bullet:

    RBCD_SEM_analysis_2.jpg
    Did you read my post? I said I wasn't that interested in the bullet properties. If I do a decent job even the muzzle blast from a blank round will kill. There are a number of [dead] actors that will attest to this but they'll be doing so from the hereafter. But a miss will result in a bounced shot if it doesn't outright hit a bystander and a ricochet is unpredictable. I know for a fact that the GLASER and MAGSAFE rounds do not bounce. Neither does RBCD. I have had the occasion to take out a many poisonous snakes at my late father-in-Law's (recently deceased old war horse WWII) hangar with a 45. I did that several times over the years. Lake City FL was loaded with snakes and the hangar was warm and dry and very accessible to them that slithered. With grand kids lurking at that time as pre-teens, I was never in a mood to let the snakes slide in and out while the kids were climbing all over the planes. I was never quite so thankful for that ammo as I was clipping off snakes in an all concrete building at some pretty close ranges. No worries, not for myself or any of the kids. Know what else? The noise was pretty quiet.

    Might have had something to do with the acoustics in the hangar (held a Cessna 310 and a Pitts stunt plane and a quarter sized Corsair of the type the old man flew in the Pacific in '43. That old guy was a genuine hero! 18 air to air kills. Navy Cross, Silver Star, TWO DFC's. I am so proud of that old marine. Even for having been gone for over three years now. But for lack of the ricochet factor all that ammo was stellar.That's why I carry it. Not for some ethereal claims of Über Power.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  11. #116
    VIP Member Array Tubby45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Making ammo.
    Posts
    3,054
    OK, tell you what. Get to a farm or custom slaughterhouse. Get them to let you shoot an animal in the head with that RBCD ammunition. You choose the caliber. Brain shot from 12 inches away. Then when they sever the head from the carcass, bifurcate it and show the damage done.

    If you lived near me, I'd have you come to my inlaw's farm and do it when I slaughter a pig or cow.

    For those that don't know, a gunshot to the head isn't to kill the animal for butchering, it's to stun it so it holds still while you cut it's neck and bleed it out. That's what kills it, not the gunshot.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. RBCD ammo Platinum Plus 60gr./ or Magsafe
    By ascendmfg in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2012, 04:23 AM
  2. Anybody tested RBCD Ammo
    By TwoRavens in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 20th, 2012, 09:31 PM
  3. RBCD what can ya tell me???
    By ph0enix in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
  4. RBCD question?
    By Redeye in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 4th, 2007, 02:04 AM

Search tags for this page

lemas ammo
,
rbcd
,

rbcd ammo

,
rbcd ammo for sale
,
rbcd ammo review
,
rbcd ammunition
,
rbcd ammunition ballistics
,
rbcd ammunition for sale
,
rbcd bullets
,
rbdc ammo
,
rcbd ammo
,
what is rbcd ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.