Found at the Trick for Ammo @ Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on Found at the Trick for Ammo @ Wal-Mart within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i dont know if it is like this at all wal-mart's but the ones down here in my neck of the woods told me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found at the Trick for Ammo @ Wal-Mart

Found at the Trick for Ammo @ Wal-Mart

Well i dont know if it is like this at all wal-mart's but the ones down here in my neck of the woods told me tonight they have been instructed that when they have ammo in stock not to put it all on the shelves at once, the reason being gun shops and pawn shops come in and wipe out the ammo, they are only putting 6 boxes at once on the shelf. I bought 4 boxes of 100ct .40S&W for 84 dollars

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Thanks for that tip.
    For God, Family and Country!

All they have to do is put a limit on it to solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    All they have to do is put a limit on it to solve that problem.
    I do not believe the 'limit thing' is working...anywhere.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've also been told here, to come in after 11 p.m..... as they are not putting it out until after 10 p.m.

They told me in the local store that they cannot due to wal-mart policy put a limit on the amount they are just trying to help out everyday consumers, but definately ask if they have some in the back

I had a friend was told limit 6 boxes total in one walmart,so he bought 6 50count blazer brass 9mm,drove to another store,and they had 9mm,40,45,and they sold him 6 boxes of each,next store same thing 6 boxes of each type he asked for.I have come to the conclusion that Wal-Mart employees don't understand their own instructions
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I thought the solution was going to be not to support ChiComMart and instead start handloading or support local businesses. Oh well, I've been wrong before!
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Locally, at least, WalMart usually does not get the ammo shipment in until evening and our local stores do have the 6 box limit in place. The local WM sporting goods managers do tell me what is coming in and how much so that I do not waste a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    I thought the solution was going to be not to support ChiComMart and instead start handloading or support local businesses. Oh well, I've been wrong before!
    The fact that your local gun store business is going into WM to buy up their ammo supply, shows that your "solution" isn't going to work. Just makes ammo prices higher I guess.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If any corporation is our friend on gun rights, it's WM. Are they only our friend because it makes them money? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that, but currently, they are our friend. Where I used to live in California, there wasn't a "local" gun store within 50 miles but you could go to the local WM and buy one, even if they had to order it for you.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The anti-gun crowd hate WM, we should support WM. Since I left California, I hear the State has made it more difficult for WM to sell guns and WE have stopped supporting them, so they have pulled the guns but still sell the ammo. As long as WE are the bread and butter of WM, they will be our friend and sell us what we want. If we all team up and refuse to buy sporting goods at WM, they'll quit selling it. Is that what we want?

If you want to "Buy American", you can do that at WM, especially with ammo. It's the same ammo they sell at the gun store (same box even, if the gun store buys it first). WM sells cheap chinese made "stuff" because that's what people buy. There is some stuff I don't buy at WM, because I want a higher quality item or have some other requirement, but I do most of my shopping at WM because they sell what I want to buy cheaper than other places.

Before we go screaming for WM to change, let's consider what we are wanting them to change into. Make them Pro-Union.... really. Don't those anti-gun groups get enough Union money, why give them a million plus more members to pull money from.

Item Limit

My local store enforces the 6 item limit and puts out all the inventory on the shelves.
    Due to the limit,I've been able to find ammo at 9 or 9:30 AM.
    Of course,that's if they got in stock the night before.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Both WalMart and Cabela's have a six-box limit in Connecticut.

Most independent gun stores do NOT, however.

One store last week was selling Federal 155gr .40 HydraShock for $9.95/box. This was marked "factory Seconds" but no one could find anything second rate about it. They has several hundred boxes and there was no limit.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    The WM by me has a 2 box limit on ammo. Since they started this policy, I have seen most of the 9mm, 45acp and 40S&W in stock...still no 380.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Next time you're in your "good old boys" gunshop, tell him you'll buy a case of ammo if he'll match WalMart's price. The truth is that for years before places like WalMart came along, your local boy had been screwing you all along. No competiton.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Ammo is actually staying on the shelves at the walmarts around here now,a box of federal 22 bulk went up from 13.47 to like 15.47
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links