Tips on buying ammo from Walmart when there's no one at the counter

Tips on buying ammo from Walmart when there's no one at the counter

This is a discussion on Tips on buying ammo from Walmart when there's no one at the counter within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always had to walk around to find an employee who would ring up the ammo and it would take minutes to find someone during ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips on buying ammo from Walmart when there's no one at the counter

Talking Tips on buying ammo from Walmart when there's no one at the counter

I always had to walk around to find an employee who would ring up the ammo and it would take minutes to find someone during lunch time.

I got tired of looking for an employee and just went behind the counter and tried to open the ammo showcase my self. Someone came within 30 sec and he rang up my ammo. I did this 3 times, and someone always came to the counter within 1 min. I think they are watching the CCTV or something. Just FYI.

I just ring the bell of even pick up the phone and request assistance.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I always had to walk around to find an employee who would ring up the ammo and it would take minutes to find someone during lunch time.

I got tired of looking for an employee and just went behind the counter and tried to open the ammo showcase my self. Someone came within 30 sec and he rang up my ammo. I did this 3 times, and someone always came to the counter within 1 min. I think they are watching the CCTV or something. Just FYI.
    Sounds like a good way to get uninvited from the store for good.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I found that out by accident just a couple of weeks ago. I was in Walmart in NY State looking for ammo. They had a bunch of it in a cabinet behind glass.
    There was a counter in front of cabinet but it wasn't enclosed.
    Since my eyesight isn't the greatest anymore I went around the counter to see what they had, and it wasn't 30 seconds and an employee was there telling me that I wasn't allowed to be where I was.
    There's no doubt I was being watch on CCTV.
    Great idea for getting service BTW.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    In one of our stores, recently, someone was so anxious to get ammo from the glass case that they broke the glass door. All ammo was promptly removed from the display cases and put in storage in back. Customers now have to ask for ammo until the cases are repaired
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I've just got to using the department phone, and either call the front desk, or page someone to Sporting Goods. Done this several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've just got to using the department phone, and either call the front desk, or page someone to Sporting Goods. Done this several times.
    What's the code for the intercom,or does just picking up the phone activate it.We have a signal 4 in sporting goods bring a mop
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    What's the code for the intercom,or does just picking up the phone activate it.We have a signal 4 in sporting goods bring a mop
    The phone here at my closest WM has 8 hot keys that are labeled! Don't need no codes. Ask my better half....did this Friday on the way home from the range.
    By the way...my better half is now a member of this forum so you can ask her.

For those of you who are interested here's a list of the various codes at your various Walmart Stores:

CODE ADAM = LOST CHILD
    CODE WHITE = ACCIDENT
    CODE BLACK = WEATHER CONDITION
    CODE RED = FIRE
    CODE BLUE = BOMB
    CODE GREEN = HOSTAGE

One thing I don't see is a "person with a handgun" code. Interesting huh?
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I also use the department phone it seems to get assistance quick when you say "customer needs assistance in sporting goods, customer needs assistance in sporting goods." I've learned the more you sound like you work there the quicker they come to help you.

I'd be tempted to pick it up and say

THE CHAIR IS AGANST THE WALL

but then my wife would get all slap happy with the back of my head
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Another Checkout Method

In case anybody does not know;if you find any ammo not locked up (early AM) before it is put on shelves.
    Just take it to front registers.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

Wow, that's daring. I feel like you're lucky security hasn't tried to tackle you thinking you're a shoplifter. My B.I.L. was a manager at Walmart, so he taught me the paging code. I've always picked up the phone and paged for assisstance at the ammo desk!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Sure

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    he taught me the paging code. I've always picked up the phone and paged for assisstance at the ammo desk!
    Some friend you are why not rub it in a little- I know somthing I won't tell I won't tell na na nana. LOL
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I always wondered what the codes mean. thanks. What's the code for where is the dang AMMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links