9mm Defense Ammo Advice - Page 4

9mm Defense Ammo Advice

This is a discussion on 9mm Defense Ammo Advice within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd You just don't want a steady diet of hot loads like that. A few here or there is not going to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    You just don't want a steady diet of hot loads like that. A few here or there is not going to break the gun.

Even in the manual for my HK P30 it says +p not recommended.
    for me i wouldnt even want to think about using something that was stated in manual do not use +p....

i dont do that with my trucks, cars, and I'm sure NOT going to do with something is suppose to protect me.....

just my .02 cents
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone View Post
    I wouldn't want to bet My Life on it. My manual does not say a few here or there, it says DO NOT USE PLUS P AMMO.
    Ever hear of liability? That's what they're protecting. If some doofus went out and shot nothing but 127gr +p+ in his gun and broke it then complained to the mfgr, they aren't going to be liable.

Every single gun manufacturer will tell you the same bs line "+p not recommended". If you shoot a few boxes of defense ammo in +p it won't break I guarantee. Think about this, 124gr NATO standard 9mm is loaded to +p levels and it's accepted by probably every major manufacturer as being ok since they adhere to the same standards as everyone else in regards to SAAMI/NATO specs.

Do what you want, but personally no matter what the manual says, a service sized auto in good condition will not break from +p rounds. Springs will wear out faster sure, but the gun will not fail unless it's poor quality to begin with.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Ever hear of liability? That's what they're protecting. If some doofus went out and shot nothing but 127gr +p+ in his gun and broke it then complained to the mfgr, they aren't going to be liable.

Every single gun manufacturer will tell you the same bs line "+p not recommended". If you shoot a few boxes of defense ammo in +p it won't break I guarantee. Think about this, 124gr NATO standard 9mm is loaded to +p levels and it's accepted by probably every major manufacturer as being ok since they adhere to the same standards as everyone else in regards to SAAMI/NATO specs.

Do what you want, but personally no matter what the manual says, a service sized auto in good condition will not break from +p rounds. Springs will wear out faster sure, but the gun will not fail unless it's poor quality to begin with.
    No offence this is your opinion, not a fact. I OWN a 6906, Im not going to try +ps just to make a point. my Manual does not say, not recommend, it says DON"T. You of course can do what you please, But i would remind you that when this gun first came out, 9mm nato was
    115 grain standard ball, not 124+p if thats what it is now.I just don't
    want to see ANYONE hurt, even if it's very remote chance.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links