Defensive Carry banner

Golden Saber - 185+p or 230gr BONDED??

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MBtech87 
#1 ·
For use in my 4" Kimber.. really like the idea of the 230grains being bonded, but can't find the 185+p version bonded. Which would you use, Ive read ballistic tests in various threads here, as well as Remington's website.. It seems, and is quite obvious that the bonded versions work better against various barriers (ie, glass, thick clothing, etc.) Is the +p rating going to be that much more effective, considering less barrel length? Im leaning towards the 230gr, after all more weight = better right? The cost will be about the same per 50 rounds. Kinda just getting opinions.

#2 ·
My vote would be for the 230gr:yup: And from what I have seen I don't think the +p is going to make a big difference.

#4 ·
yeah.. bonded rounds just seem so much more effective against barriers and Id think a round with better expansion and jacket seperation characteristics is just the way to go.. I have some Hornady 200gr +P rounds that are pretty hot with a lighter pistol like mine.. I can still manage recoil and put rounds on target.. especially with my 6'3" 225lb frame.. but not a fan of the muzzle flash..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.