E-mail about .380/5.56 shortage

This is a discussion on E-mail about .380/5.56 shortage within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's part of an e-mail I got from Tactical Defense Solutions this morning: We've re-set the site to eliminate the ton of ammo that we ...

Thread: E-mail about .380/5.56 shortage

E-mail about .380/5.56 shortage

Here's part of an e-mail I got from Tactical Defense Solutions this morning:

We've re-set the site to eliminate the ton of ammo that we don't have in stock. Looks pathetic to me but it'll be FAR easier to see what is actually in stock.
    No we didn't stop carrying all those rounds, but instead of looking at zeros - this made sense.

Im still getting questions about .380. THis is the deal - there aint none, there probably wont be any for a while. Its considered a "seasonal round". Which means nothing to me and has never been explained other than the factories only run it once or twice a year. And the run time is so damn small, its spoken for before it gets out the door. So if you have it - keep it. If you see it - buy it.

Expect another shortage on 5.56 soon. The boys in camo did a service wide inventory and determined that based on current usage there wasn't enough rounds on hand and put in the largest order in recorded history. Given that the G pays a pretty penny for 5.56, its safe to say that all hands are on deck working on that.

Doesn't look promising for the rest of us folks and working the logic backwards, doesn't look good for our folks in the "pits" either.

2. Remove Ads

There is plenty of 5.56 Bear & Wolf to be had in these dire times.

Yea, I got the same e-mail. .380 shortage is real. But you can go check all of the usual sources on the Internet for ammo and you'll find enough 5.56. I've bought from TDS in the past and have found their supply levels extremely low in most calibers. Hope they can last this shortage out!

Got some .380 at my local gun store - Fiocchi (made in Italy, where civilians can only use .380 or less). $30 for a box of 50 rounds (95 gr FMJ)! grrrrrr! But, at least they had something...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I got the same deal for the FIOCCHI stuff, I purchased for my boss; I have done some research on this, and have found out that the manufacturers have produced a number of new .380 caliber pistols for CCW use, and of course this, along with the election has caused an unprecedented demand for this cartridge. Prior to CCW popularity, the .380 ammo was only loaded to match the miniscule demand....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

The LGS had Magtech .380 for $14.99 a box, two weeks ago. I only picked up 100, but have over 1000 stocked up, 1/3 of which are reloads.

This price has gone down from $16.99 a few months ago. I feel sort of lucky :)

I got the same email. 10% off this weekend only! Anybody doing a group buy on the 5.56 ammo? The Federal or the PMC bronze? I'll be out for a bit, so PM me if any of you decide to do this. Maybe we can ask for a deeper discount if it's a large group buy?

Picked up Fiocchi, too...but at $19.99 for 50 rounds at a local outdoors store. Also found 100 rounds of Winchester for $34.99 at a Wal-Mart. I bought two boxes of each (all FMJ, no JHP available, though they did have it in 9mm); I probably should have picked up more, but oh well. This poor graduate student can't afford to stockpile.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    The shop I have my .380 on layaway at had about 15 boxes of target ammo, and only a couple boxes of JHP. The targer ammo was 20 for 50 rounds and the JHP was 20 rounds for 32.99.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Well-
    I ordered 600 rnds from cabellas 8/24 which included a free spiffy carry box. I got an email saying its expected arrival date is 9/15. Well today I call and say whats up with my order and they say that is now 10/15 expected delivery. This is rediculous, but par for the course. Our local bass pro shop, walmart etc shelves are EMPTY, although a stray box of 40's and 357's does appear now and then. The WM guy laughed when I asked about 38's and said he had not seen a shipmentof 38's since before christmas.

I won't stop racing when I get old, I will get old when I stop racing

NRA Life, Master Mason, Jack-of-All-Trades (Master of None)

Well, so much for a group buy on this deal huh?

I guess I'm lucky to find...

some CorBon JHP last week. There were three boxes on the shelf. Shoulda got em all. I bought one (20 rounds) for $26

Links