naa lr vs mag

naa lr vs mag

This is a discussion on naa lr vs mag within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LR vs MAG I have the 1 5/8 conversion. I can say that no matter what else I may be carrying my NAA is in ...

Thread: naa lr vs mag

naa lr vs mag

LR vs MAG I have the 1 5/8 conversion. I can say that no matter what else I may be carrying my NAA is in my RH frt pocket. I can have it in my had an no one the wiser. I enjoy shooting sweet gum balls and find that it is more accurate than I thought possible from such a small gun. I have been debating which cylinder to carry. I can shoot both quite well. I find the LR a little more accurate maybe its the lack of recoil (mag isnt bad just snappy and loud) or end gap or something. Maybe its the fact my tightwad self realizes how cheap 22lr is to shoot so I enjoy it more. In all seriousness I have often heard that a 22 will enter the body and deflect around. This brings up a thought of which to use lr or mag and soft point or super high velocity tnt hollow points. I am aware Im talking a 1 5/8 barrell I am not getting anywhere near the umph of these modern loadings. would I be better with a standard velocity lr in a heavier weight and hope for the pinball effect. I have never had reliability issues with rimfire so all I have found are reliable just wondering if yall have thoughts. I know a 22 isnt ideal unless its all you have and rarely is but is always there as a tool if needed. I figure with my hand on it I stand a better chance of beating the draw.

I'm not sure how to answer your question, but I have one of my own---I've got the same NAA 22 and I've not been on the range with it enough to effectively aim with it--so how do you do it? I definitely intend to get it out more, just can't at the moment (so I still keep the glock around...)
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

It is and will remain the gun I have when I am not carrying a gun. I normally also carry a 26. I have found the best way to "aim" is to look untill you are looking square down a level barrell. I set the target right on the barell and shoot right where the reflection fades. This will be intersecting the target with the front sight. I dont fool myself into thinking I will have time to do this if I ever need this jewel. I do find that a constant reference point is essential to consistant hits. 22lr is cheap find what it takes to make yours shoot what you need it to. I figure if nothing else it makes a good fishing gun for snakes. I do also believe that this loud lil joker will not only poke a hole but is loud enough to deter further attack while not really saying where it came from.

I don't believe the effectiveness of your SD possibilities are not going to change much with either...I'd carry bigger.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

.38 Special
    This website can really help you with ballistics on the naa 22 lr and mag. I have considered a Pug model or a Black widow model for deep concealment and back up.

Sponsored Links