XD suggestions?

This is a discussion on XD suggestions? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased my first handgun a springfield XD40 subcompact. given the fact that I am new to handguns, I am also new to handgun ...

Thread: XD suggestions?

XD suggestions?

I recently purchased my first handgun a springfield XD40 subcompact. given the fact that I am new to handguns, I am also new to handgun ammo. that being said I am looking for any suggestion you guys may have as to what would be a good carry ammo. I thought the federal 180 gr. hydra-shok would be good but after reading a bunch of posts I am startin to think about goin lighter for recoil and quick followup reasons. anyway I am really confused , so any advise from fellow XD owners would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone.

Stay Safe

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    try a few brands. If recoil is an issue, FED. does make low recoil ammo in a hydro shock. Win. Rangers, Speer gold Dot, ect. all are good choices as long as they work in your gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have pretty much decided on hydra-shoks because I do like the expansion ... I am just really confused as to what weight would allow me to use the full potential of my gun, while allowing me to easy get off a quick second shot if needed.
    always be ready :rocketwhore:
    Stay Safe

Springfield XD40 Subcompact

Hydra shock expansion doesn't hold a candle to the Federal Tactical HST rounds......
    you should pick some up at www.streichers.com
    They are $15/50rd for either 165gr or 180gr
    Oklahoma Shooters,
    Visit us at: http://www.okshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by XD40 Fan
    I recently purchased my first handgun a springfield XD40 subcompact. given the fact that I am new to handguns, I am also new to handgun ammo. that being said I am looking for any suggestion you guys may have as to what would be a good carry ammo. I thought the federal 180 gr. hydra-shok would be good but after reading a bunch of posts I am startin to think about goin lighter for recoil and quick followup reasons. anyway I am really confused , so any advise from fellow XD owners would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone.

Stay Safe
    The only way to tell is to invest in a few boxes of 180 and 165 gr from various manufacturers and go out and shoot.

Links