Whoa: Walmart Ammo Shelf Today!

This is a discussion on Whoa: Walmart Ammo Shelf Today! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by maclean3 The Walmart across the street from me still stays bare, they don't care and it's obvious. The one on the way ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa: Walmart Ammo Shelf Today!

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    The Walmart across the street from me still stays bare, they don't care and it's obvious. The one on the way to my favorite gun shop has really stayed on top of things and they're well stocked when I go in.

I'm still in "shortage shock" mode so I buy a box or two when I can and squirrel it away. Haven't been shooting in God knows when because of the shortage and prices. Still have an unfired Colt 1991 Commander and Kahr MK9 in my closet that I need to take to the range at some point... but I'd have to tap into my ammo reserve.
    Jack
    Yeah same deal here. Local store could give a rat's ass about getting it out I suppose. One time I was there the kid with the key took off to talk on his phone and someone came back from break 15min later asking where he went and of course the 5 of us standing there who also called a manager didn't know. The manager was pissed, the guy coming off break was pissed, and the ppl waiting to buy some ammo were also pissed. The shelf was bare, but the manager said he KNEW they had gotten ammo on the truck and they didn't sell any since the truck came in. So, he went to check on it. I didn't wait around, but I knew a truck had come in the day previous and was going to see what had come in.

The store down the way has some 9mm, .40sw, and everything except .380 and .45acp. So I kind of think the store closest to me just has idiots for employees who don't put ammo out when it comes in. It's not an item they stock at night with the big pallets of product. It's similar to video games and movies, the department employees must go and get the product.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Ahnald "Shriver" just signed the nonsensical ammo imprinting bill into law in Kalifornia. The US Supremes will rule on the application of 2nd amendment rights in states/cities this term and the decisions of the 4 court leftists can easily be phoned in. Our Marxist, acting-president and far-left congress will certainly make gun ownership a "high risk" activity in the soon to be imposed health care fraud. So if Walmart--or anyone else--has a supply of ammo, BUY IT! We will need it.

I just picked up 300 rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of .40 S&W from my local Walmart here in CA. I haven't seen any ammo on the shelves in some time, so I bought what I could on the spur of the moment. The ammo imprinting bill in the news definately sucks and factored into my decision to stock up.

Dunno if others are this way, but my Walmart has a limit of 6 boxes of ammo per customer.

I was able to get 200 rounds of 9mm tonight. $21.97 a box/100 WWB.

Local one had 9mm, .40, one box of .45, .38 special, .44 or .41 mag, so on and so forth pretty well stocked

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    Ammoengine.com will detail any caliber ammo and it's availability online. Hope This helps!

Awsome Link!!!! Glad I don't have a .380. Even there, only 3 places to get it. Plenty for MY guns though.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Wow, I almost had a heart attack at walmart just now... I went in for something to eat for lunch, and like always, I swung by the ammo counter to see the same empty shelves... but wait... what is that?

About 4 boxes wide, about 4 boxes high, and 5 boxes deep...

A mound of Federal 9mm ammo....

Wow...

Lady who rung me up made a comment that it's the end of her shift... guess I'll be back after work to get another 6 boxes

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Wow, I almost had a heart attack at walmart just now... I went in for something to eat for lunch, and like always, I swung by the ammo counter to see the same empty shelves... but wait... what is that?

About 4 boxes wide, about 4 boxes high, and 5 boxes deep...

A mound of Federal 9mm ammo....

Wow...

Lady who rung me up made a comment that it's the end of her shift... guess I'll be back after work to get another 6 boxes
    The wal mart near me says the box limit is per transaction. So if you ring up multiple transactions with the limit on each then it's no problem.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

My local will only sell 100 rounds per caliber, per customer, per day.
    If they have it.

Five miles up the street, they'll sell six boxes per caliber a day. No matter the number of rounds per box.
    If they have it.

Local Wal Mart had 380 for the first time in months. Winchester WB 100 count, so I had to have a box, good for what ales you. Feel better, can do some trigger time now.

I was at Cabelas and Bass Pro in and near St Charles (St Louis) this past weekend while visiting my son at school (Lindenwood) and the shelves were stocked completely with the exception of 380 acp. The only load I'm some-what short on.
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    My Walmart had scads of .22 dynapoints, slugs and 300 winmag. No 308 though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links