Defensive Carry banner

Do you think this was a Hot Load?

6K views 49 replies 41 participants last post by  stevem174 
#1 ·
I sure hope he had is "eyes and ears on"!

See less See more
#37 ·
Powder charge

This is what can happen when you don't measure powder correctly or possibly use the wrong powder. It's a S & W 629.
I reload for several calibers of handguns. I have used several brands of powder for a 44 mag. I prefer Hodgon H110. I have bumped the charge up to 24 grains of H110. When seating a 240 grain bullet over this charge it appears it is compressing the powder. I get over 1500 fps and have never had a problem.

There isn't enough room in a 44 mag case to load a double charge if the proper powder is used.

However . . . . if I had used 24 grains of Bullseye I would have created a bomb.

#41 ·
Yikes.

A few good lessons for all of us reloaders:

1. Pay full attention while reloading
2. No Distractions
3. Hot loads can do damage slowly, and then all at once
4. Follow your charts
5. Use correct powder
6. Once again, Pay full attention while reloading

#44 ·
A friend of mine did that exact same thing to his Colt 357...he said it felt like a bomb in his hands. He was lucky to have not suffered any injuries. We took the gun to the local gun shop for them to display to the public..the gun shop placed a placard with the Colt that said, "I've done it! I have made the most powerful 357 in the world!" Hope I never have to endure that kind of shooting!

#45 ·
A friend of mine did that exact same thing to his Colt 357...he said it felt like a bomb in his hands. He was lucky to have not suffered any injuries. We took the gun to the local gun shop for them to display to the public..the gun shop placed a placard with the Colt that said, "I've done it! I have made the most powerful 357 in the world!" Hope I never have to endure that kind of shooting!
What did he do? What did he try to shoot in it?

These things happen for a reason.

#46 ·
This photo is obviously a fake! Everyone knows only Glocks are supposed to blow up! It must be a cheap imitation.

#48 ·
hahaha just get some jb weld and put it back together should be good as new:haha:

I started reloading .357 about 2 months ago and I always weigh every 5th charge. It does tend to make loading time consuming, but I really enjoy reloading so that is more time for me to enjoy it.:danceban:

#50 ·
The first thing that I thought of when I saw that was an old Bill Cosby routine on the importance of clean underwear. “First you’re going to say it….then you’re going to do it”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.