Should I go back and pick up more?

This is a discussion on Should I go back and pick up more? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Around here .40 and .223 are the easiest ammo to find. Everyone has them. One local Wal-Mart acutally had .45 yesterday. Didn't need it but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I go back and pick up more?

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Around here .40 and .223 are the easiest ammo to find. Everyone has them. One local Wal-Mart acutally had .45 yesterday. Didn't need it but I did get 100 rounds of WWB.

I'm going back and to get some more. I don't want to be caught like before with almost nothing to shoot.

The tough times are over yet, nor have we see the worst. Don't get caught short.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Since it was only $15 a box I went back and bought another three boxes to be on the safe side. Thanks folks!
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Since it was only $15 a box I went back and bought another three boxes to be on the safe side. Thanks folks!
    And next week go back and get some more. There's no such thing as to much ammo.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

on the subject of Wally World ammo. my Wally world sells the 100 rd Winchesters in 165gr i think it was for $29 and they also have 180gr Federals in 50ct for like $13.... Im going back this weekend to get more but a question is should i just stay with the Winchesters or go with Federal.. i've only shot the Winchester FMJ outt my gun at the range.. any thoughts on which is better? Federal or Win?

i like the 165gr. over the 180's and they are not loaded as hot.

I'd buy more personally. Waiting 15 min for a sales clerk to eventually find someone with the keys to the case has got to be the most mind numbing experience of the day. i.e. trips to wallyworld should be avoided and kept to a bare minimum. Stock up. I personally like to have about 1K rounds for each pistol and rifle on hand. It's EASY to burn thru 200 to 300 rds of a caliber at the range times X number of pistols/rifles.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links