Walmart Ammo Prices Climbing Northward

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Prices Climbing Northward within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I paid $32.97 for a Box of 45 (100 Count) at Walmart. About 3 weeks ago I paid, $30.97, a $2.00 increase. This was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Prices Climbing Northward

Today I paid $32.97 for a Box of 45 (100 Count) at Walmart. About 3 weeks ago I paid, $30.97, a $2.00 increase.

This was the first shipment in about 2 weeks. All inventory, which arrived late last night was gone by early afternoon. It included a few boxes of 9mm and 45, and 38 special.

It appears as if 40 S&W is available on a regular basis. This is more of a reason for me to purchase a 40 caliber firearm. It will either be a S&W Chief's Special 40 (CS40), or a S&W 4013TSW or Tactical Smith & Wesson.

For the record a box of 100 Count 40 S&W sold for $30.97.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    You do realize as soon as you buy a .40 cal, so will everyone else, and you'll be out of ammo again... lol...

Maybe not, but with my luck, it's what will happen.

My WalMart sells the 100 count Winchester .40 S&W for $28... not sure it's a big enough difference to justify a whole different gun.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

cj
    At least you've seen some. Mine reported that the only shipment they had received recently was 2 boxes (yes boxes, not cases) of .40. The only thing they seem to have on the shelf is .32 and .357 sig.

But I'm not surprised. It was only a matter of time before their long term contracts ran out and they had to renegotiate.

My Walmart has their shelf full of .40, but last time I was there only one box of .45, and two of 9mm, which I snagged all 3 of those. They didn't have any .38 or .380 either.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    Today I paid $32.97 for a Box of 45 (100 Count) at Walmart. About 3 weeks ago I paid, $30.97, a $2.00 increase.

This was the first shipment in about 2 weeks. All inventory, which arrived late last night was gone by early afternoon. It included a few boxes of 9mm and 45, and 38 special.

It appears as if 40 S&W is available on a regular basis. This is more of a reason for me to purchase a 40 caliber firearm. It will either be a S&W Chief's Special 40 (CS40), or a S&W 4013TSW or Tactical Smith & Wesson.

For the record a box of 100 Count 40 S&W sold for $30.97.
    I would LOVE to find some .45 for that price!!

I would buy all I could!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I too have noticed an 5% increase in ammo prices from Walmart over the last two months but it still sure beats the gouging of every other ammo outlet out there (including the big web guys).
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

cmb
    Yep it is going up, now I have to buy 38 special and a few 357 mags, we'll see how much those are!

Last week went to a Walmart one county over got 22lr for 1.57 for 50, at ours it is 1.77... doesn't seem right! I think our 45 is 34.97 cause it is just under 38 with tax...

Buy more now and avoid the rush...don't say I didn't tell you so.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I posted about our local Wal Mart's price increases a while back. They are still way below everyone else' prices. Surprisingly, all of my local Wal Marts (5) have had the bulk 100ct packs of the Federal .223 55gr FMJ for under $40 every time I've gone lately.

Even with the increases, I've not found anyone that comes close to beating the price of ammo at Wal Mart - not even the on line folks, who get you with shipping charges. If WM has it, and you need it, just buy it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Not having any trouble getting Federal Champion .40 and usually finding 9mm as well. I don't find the .45ACP too often though. Don't really pay attention to the rest other than .22LR that is not a problem at all.

I don't know if I'd consider that price gouging. I mean, the cost of a lot of things has gone up at walmart if you look. I mean, have you bought milk lately? What were you paying for it last year at this time?

With the price of fuel rising again, the trucking companies are having to increase the fuel surcharge fee to be able to keep a profit and still pay the drivers. Who do you think that extra charge is getting passed on to? The consumers. Even the walmart company drivers division has had to increase what they're charging the stores so as that division can remain profitable.

Also I'd assume that ammo manufacturers are increasing their rates to be able to pay for the extra shifts and machinery they've got producing more ammo now as well. I know I've been driving by the Remington plant outside of north Little Rock on I-40 and haven't seen that parking lot empty for a while now. I'll grant you, I only average having to drive by it a couple of times a month at best though.

I don't believe walmart is trying to gouge us on this, I just think it's the natural order of commerce. Because let's be honest, if they wanted to, they could charge as much as the lowest priced local competition if they wanted to and still rake it in.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    My WalMart sells the 100 count Winchester .40 S&W for $28... not sure it's a big enough difference to justify a whole different gun.
    HELLO???? Do we REALLY need to justify a new gun?? LMAO!!
    ANY reason is a good, just, sound reason!
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Its a sad state of affairs when $.33 per round for .45 ACP is considered a good deal.

I try to avoid ChiComMart as much as possible as a general rule. Yes, they tend to offer better prices, but generally at the expense of customer service and a pleasant shopping experience.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links