What Goes Up Must Come Down Don't Do It. - Page 2

What Goes Up Must Come Down Don't Do It.

This is a discussion on What Goes Up Must Come Down Don't Do It. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's an interesting article on it done by the gang on Mythbusters. Apparently, it's possible for a falling bullet to be lethal, but rare for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here's an interesting article on it done by the gang on Mythbusters. Apparently, it's possible for a falling bullet to be lethal, but rare for them to actually hit someone. I recall watching bullets land around me when I was in Korea. Apparently, a local was firing an AK-47 onto the base hoping to hit something. Well, something became me but I barely noticed it until they hit the metal toolbox on my truck. Maybe velocity and trajectory have alot to do with it.

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/e...red_up_vo.html

Age Ranger,
    I saw the episode on mythbusters about a shot straight up. Pretty interesting.
    Even if a bullet goes straight up and isnt likely to kill, who shoots straight up anyways?
    Bad idea in anycase to just shoot into the air.
    Buy some firecrackers if you want a loud bang and then one will not really endanger others.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

I have a friend who is an engineer for Disney. After every holiday (New Years, July 4, etc.) crews go through the entire park to find bullet holes in the ceilings of the attractions that might destroy or damage the machinery. Those bullets are probably not fired straight up, so you would get penetration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links